54🌸.

Song - Dance , Dance, Dance by Astrid .

Nothing's right
But I promised myself
Just for one night

I'll try to let go
If I get too drunk, I'm gonna pretend
Everything will be okay in the end
If I meet someone, I'm gonna give in
Even though I won't see them again
If I lose myself and it doesn't work
I'm gonna dance, dance, dance, then it's not gonna hurt
If I break my heart and it doesn't mend
I'm gonna be okay in the end...

~~

After about two weeks , the doctor said I was good to go home . My hand was still in the cast and sling but the neck brace and the  cast on my leg were removed . The doctor gave instructions that I should use crutches to support my leg for about six weeks or less if I heal faster . The doctor had also appointed a personal nurse to help me at home and physical therapist to help me with the exercises I was supposed to do to help me start walking again .

My mother brought me home from the hospital . It felt really weird to be back in my home after two weeks . It almost felt strange . The kids were at school so the house was quiet .

" Welcome back , Mr Ross." Greta said happily as she came out into the living room . " Good afternoon Mrs Ross." She looked really excited to see me and to be honest ? I was happy to see her too.

" Greta , how have you been ?" I asked .

" Hello Greta." Mum replied .

" Oh I've been good . It's been so different without you here ." She replied . " Are you much better now ?"

" Yes I am ." I nodded with a small smile.

" Thank God then . I was so worried about you sir ." She said as she grabbed my suitcase. " I'll just take these to your room ."

" Thank you ."

" The nurse will be a live in nurse because she needs to attend to your every need but the physical trainer will come in every day just like the doctor ." My mother said. " And remember that you shouldn't go back to work just yet if not , you won't heal properly."

" You know I don't need the nurse. I have Greta already." I said to her as I limped with the crutches and sat down on the loveseat.

" Greta will be busy with the kids and you'll need the extra help. Besides she was recommended personally by the doctor."

" Alright ." I said , knowing that I wouldn't get my way with her. I hated being in this position where I didn't get to make my own choices . Remind me never to get in an accident again .

Greta came into the living room . " Would you like something to eat , Mr Ross?"

" No , I'm not really feeling hungry . Just get me some champagne."

" What ?" Mom's eyebrows creased . " Unbelievable! You still want to take alcohol in your condition ?"

" Why not ?"

" Don't think I don't know that a bottle of whiskey was found in your car after the accident . Logan , you were drinking and driving !" Her voice raised a pitch higher . " Don't you value your life ?"

I groaned as I wondered how long she had been waiting to lash out on me after she was told about the alcohol in my car .

Greta looked from her to me . " Uh, I'll just leave ."  She said as she walked out .

" You could have died and what about your kids huh? At least think of them when you want to do something crazy like putting your life on the line like that . They deserve a father!"

Always His { Completed }जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें