29🌸.

Song - I Hate You, I love you by Gnash.

Feeling used, but I'm
Still missing you and I can't
See the end of this just wanna feel your kiss
Against my lips and now all this time
Is passing by, but I still can't seem to tell you why
It hurts me every time I see you
Realize how much I need you...

Emma's POV

Inside the taxi, I noticed my phone had started blowing up with phone calls . Maddie called first, then Tess called. The third time, they both called together through a conference call. I instantly knew that they had watched the tv show this morning.

I swiped my screen to answer their call and waited for them to attack me with questions.

" Emma, what the hell did I just hear on that show?" Maddie started " You're pregnant?"

" I can't believe you're pregnant and you didn't tell us." Tess added then she gasped dramatically. " Wait , are you really pregnant? Did they force you to say it? Is it some kind of publicity stunt?"

" How long have you been pregnant? I mean I'm so excited for you but why did you keep it from us?" Maddie continued from where Tess stopped.

I sighed. " You guys please calm down. I'll explain everything."

" You bet you will." Maddie replied . " I get off for my lunch break in five minutes. Let's meet at that diner we went to last time."

" Oh yeah I love that place. Luckily it's only two streets away from the studio and I have my lunch break in a few minutes too."

All I wanted to do was go home and bury myself under the covers of my bed but I knew that Maddie and Tess wouldn't let me off the hook so easily. I couldn't blame them. Finding out your best friend is pregnant on live tv isn't exactly the way to ideal way you want to hear it. " Okay, I'll meet you both there."

" Great!" Teas said.

" Bye Boo." Maddie said as she hung up.

I looked out the window for a few seconds before I told the driver to take me to the diner . It could remember the last time I used a taxi to go anywhere since I since Logan got me the Tesla.

" Yes Ma'm" He replied. He looked at me through the car mirror. " Emma?"

I turned my face abruptly to the driver. " How do you know my name?"

Oh God . I hope this wasn't one of those crazed fans that kidnap celebrities or a reporter masked as a taxi driver in a bid to get a story out of me . I looked at his reflection in the mirror and tried to remember where I've met this man before. He looked a little bit familiar .

" You probably don't remember me. I'm Ryan , Rachael's boyfriend." He replied with a grin and I saw that a few of his teeth were gold plated. That's when I glance at his neck and saw a familiar snake tattoo on his neck.

" Oh, hi Ryan. Sorry I didn't remember you ." I told him politely. Wow, Rachael's boyfriend is my taxi driver. What are the odds?

" It's fine. We only met once at the Gala."

Yeah and you were seriously flirting with me in front of your girlfriend from what I remember.

" Yeah. It's nice seeing you again."

" You too." He replied. " So how have you been?"

" Um, I'm fine . I guess."

" Hmm you don't sound so sure. Are you okay?"