27🌸.

Song - Enough by Beth Crowley

'Cause I get caught up in you
You're caught up in me
We're so tangled together that I
Just keep hurting you
You keep hurting me
We're stuck in this pattern
Let's try to break
For both your sake
And mine...

Logan's POV

It was very late when I got back home. I checked the time on my watch and it was 11pm. I had finished what I was doing earlier but I decided to stay back at work for a while. I didn't even know why I was afraid of going back to my own home these days. I didn't know if I was scared of seeing my kids and showing them how hurt I was inside or maybe It was Emma I was scared of seeing. Going back home knowing that I'm hurting her shatters me completely and I don't know if I can face it.

The wine cellar was the first place I headed to . It was my best friend now. The only place I could drown my sorrows . I feel ashamed because I stopped drinking for a while and now I'm back to it again but it helps me numb the pain. Just for a while. Just for a little while then the pain starts again when I'm sober. If the alcohol could take it all away completely, then I would be chugging ten bottles a day but it can't . So for the little that it could do, I would still have it.

As I drank, I thought about the events that happened with Lisa in my office today. I had completely forgotten that I met her in the club that night until she surprised me by showing up at my office today. I can't deny that it felt good to see her again even because over the years I always feared that something bad had happened to her but thank God she was okay.

She had changed so much physically but her character well, let's say that she was still rude to say the least. That's one of the reasons I ended things with her. Anytime Lisa and I would go out together , she was always nasty to Wallace or my security men . Even on dates, she would be rude to the waiters. I knew  I never wanted to be with a woman like that . At least not for a long time.

But what still puzzled me was the way she talked about us still being in a relationship. Like she had completely forgotten that I ended things with her. She even tried to have sex with me in my office. Don't get me wrong, Lisa is a very attractive woman. Her stance and aura could make any man loose their guard and fall head over heels for her. It's probably one of the things that attracted me to her . I was drawn by her beauty and sophistication and blinded by lust. But when I fell in love with Emma, I knew it was different. It was something that I couldn't explain. It was a fine blend of love and lust. Emma Durson showed me a different side of love . She showed me beauty , kindness, generosity. She made me feel alive . She brought light to my life . That's something that I never felt with Lisa.

I just hope that Lisa was bluffing when she said she would be back. I could sense trouble from her so before I left my office today, I changed the code to my doors . I remember giving her the code when we were still dating. The only person I could trust with the code was Rachael and she could only use it for emergency issues.

I glanced at the bottle of wine on the bar and realized that it was almost half empty. I was already feeling very tipsy . If I didn't stop now, I would be sleeping on the couch tonight. I closed the cap of the bottle , grabbed my suitcase and managed to climb up the stairs.

As I walked through the hallway, I saw the door to Emma's room was slightly open. I couldn't resist pushing the door open slowly and saw her lying peacefully on her bed. She had refused to sleep in my room since I rejected the baby and I can't blame her. I'm the one to blame for hurting her but I can't help it. Still , like a moth to a flame, she was drawing me to her. She looked so fragile in the bed as she slept and all I wanted to do right now was to lay beside her. Even if she didn't want to talk to me, I just wanted to feel her skin against mine. It felt like decades since the last time I touched her and even though I've been trying to act unaffected, the hard truth is that I missed her so much.