30🌸.

Song - Kid in love by Shawn Mendes.

Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
If this is what it's like falling in love
Then I don't ever wanna grow up
Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
It'd be cool if it's the two of us
But I don't ever wanna grow up...

I turned around and saw that the owner of the hand was a man wearing a black suit and black sunglasses . My heart started beating faster for some seconds before he removed the glasses. I looked closely and realized that it was just Luke . One of Logan's body guards . My breathing relaxed.

" I'm sorry for startling you ma'm but you have to come with me ." He said.

First of all, how did he know I was here? Had he been following me ? Why am I even asking my self that question? Of course he has . I removed my glasses and chuckled dryly . " I can't believe Logan asked you to follow me .

Does Logan always send one of his bodyguards to follow me ?

Is this the first time ?

Now that I think about it, I'm sure it's probably not . I know Logan and this sounds like something he can do . Asking his guards to follow me around without my knowledge. I couldn't believe him . Don't I have the freedom to move around without being followed ?

" It's for your safety ma'am ." Like replied automatically like he was some robot .

"'Does he pay you to talk like a robot too?" I couldn't help but ask.

He gave me a stiff smile but he didn't reply.

" Well I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not going with you ." I told him defiantly. "I just ordered an Uber and he'll be here any minute."

" That's not going to be possible ma'am. Mr Ross gave me orders to bring you home . So please come with me ."

From the tone of his voice , he meant business . I looked around and saw a few people pointing at me . People were starting to recognize me and some were whispering and giggling to each other.

There was no taxi around either so I couldn't pull a fast one on him just like I did with Logan . I folded my arm . " I don't even see the car anywhere."

" It's right across the street." He said as he pointed to the black Honda car across the street .

A crowd was starting to form now and very soon . I was sure people would start coming up to me . Luke noticed the crowd ." Ma'am we really have to go now ."

" Fine." I agreed as he led me to the car and opened the doors for me as as I got in . Then he entered the drivers seat and started the ignition. I watched the disappointed faces of some people in the crowd as we drove off.

Inwardly, I was a bit thankful that Luke had shown up when he did . If something had happened and the crowd recognize when he wasn't there , I wonder how it would have played out because I know I wouldn't have been able to handle it .

The drive back to Logan's mansion was silent. I canceled the Uber I had booked earlier . Luke pulled up in front of the mansion and came out of the car to help me open the door but I came out before he got to the door .

" Thanks . I can get the door myself." I said to him trying to me more polite this time . I didn't need to carry out all my frustrations on him . After all, he was only doing his job.

I walked inside and met the kids in the living room with at least three boxes of pizza. Two boxes were empty and it looked like they were devouring the contents of the third box.