25🌸.

Song - Why her not me by Grace Carter.

I feel your ghost, smell you all over my clothes
Oh, all your smoke's stuck in me longer then you did
I had my doubts, I had to check it all out
And now I see that you've run back when I thought you'd quit...

Emma's POV

Waiting for everyone to leave so that I could finally have some time alone with Logan was by far the hardest tasks of my life. It's good that I'm a very patient person if not I would have marched up to Logan immediately and asked him why he was discussing my personal issues with Rachael.

Finally, towards evening people started leaving. Logan's family were the last to leave because he invited them to stay for dinner . He also invited Rachael to stay for dinner and all through the night I was shooting daggers at her with my eyes. I think she noticed because she kept her head low all through dinner and she didn't say much. I really couldn't believe her. After she apologized for our encounter at Logan's office, I was beginning to like her , I was beginning to think of her as an acquaintance at least and now she does this.

When dinner ended she found me by the hallway and apologized again but It was too hard to forgive her for this. I was quite impressed that she came clean and told me everything but it still didn't change the fact that she told Logan to give away his own baby. I don't know if personal assistants now give their bosses unsolicited advice . Oh wait, her advice was solicited because Logan stayed out drinking with her. She didn't force him to do it.

I said goodbye to Christina who was the last to leave then I made sure the kids where in bed before I came downstairs to look for Logan. I didn't even have the time to change out of my dress. I found him by the wine cellar, pouring pouring a bottle of wine into an empty glass.

"You promised you would stop drinking."

The sound of my voice made him look up at me but he continued pouring the wine in the glass. " Yeah but this is the only thing that can help me get over her death." He gulped the wine down in one go and poured himself another glass.

I shook my head. There was no use fighting him over this right now. He was still really affected by his grandmother 's death so there was no way I would win the argument. I decided to go straight to the reason I was here.

"Why does Rachael know that I'm pregnant ?"

He looked a bit surprised as he held the glass mid air. He obviously didn't know that Rachael had told me . He ran his hand through his hair. " How do you know that?"

" Does it even matter? What? So you guys are like best friends now?" I could feel myself getting angrier by the moment. " Since you're telling her everything that's going on in our lives ."

" I'm not telling her everything." He sighed.

" But you told her something important to me. To us." I accused him. " You told her something that was supposed to be private. For Christ sake, you didn't even mention it to your family tonight that I was pregnant but you could tell Rachael? Is listening to the personal details of our lives part of her job description?"

I mean Maddie and Tess don't even know that I'm pregnant yet. It's not like I'm keeping it from them or anything . It's just that we haven't really had time to meet up . Maddie's busy with her wedding preparations and Tess is busy with her music. I didn't want to tell them over the phone.

" Calm down. First of all, I was angry and in a very bad mood that day so Rachael thought that having drinks with her and some other people from work would cheer me up. I got a little bit drunk and told her you were pregnant. I swear, it slipped. I didn't mean to tell her."