16🌸.

Song- I never meant to hurt you by Baby face and Toni Braxton.

God knows I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to break your heart, your heart babe
God knows I never meant to turn you out, turn you out
Never meant to take it that far, that far babe
God knows I never meant to hurt you, hurt you, hurt you, hurt you, hurt you

Anonymous POV

I walked into a dark alley and covered my nose with the scarf around my neck to avoid the pugnacious smell of the trash bins around. The text I had gotten earlier said to knock twice on the wooden door by the left side of the building so I did.

A man with dirty blonde haired who had blood shot eyes and looked as high as fucking hell opened the door. I surveyed his body and noticed he had a lot of tattoos.

He didn't need to know my name. He just had to slowly bring out the gun from his pants and look at my the photo of me he was holding . I got the idea already. If I wasn't the person that was supposed to be at the door by this time , he would shoot me without any hesitation.

He took in a drag from the cigarette he was holding and puffed the smoke right in my face . "Come in."

I coughed as I was sure my lungs had suffered a little. I was no smoker. Still, I couldn't stand up to him if I didn't want to end my life. I walked in and the person I wanted to see was sitting in the dimly lit room. The boss.

" Do you have the pictures?"

I brought out the pictures I had just printed earlier today  from my satchel and threw them across the table. It wasn't a hard job getting a picture of Emma Durson. I just had to pretend to be a diehard fan of her and she agreed to take selfies with me. Such a sweet soul.

Not!

The whole world already knew what she looked like but for some reason, the boss wanted private pictures of her.

" Great Job." The boss took the pictures and looked at it with hatred, malice and everything despicable you could ever think of. " I'm going to make her regret messing with me."

I concurred. " And I'm going to make Logan  pay for everything he did to me."

" We will make a great team you know?" The boss smirked , pouring some champagne into two glasses.

I nodded as I took the other glass. " I totally agree."

" Let's drink to that , shall we?" The boss cheered. "To getting even."

I raised my glass in the air. " To getting even."

***

Logan's POV

I was laying down on the bed with both my hands under my head and my eyes wide open just staring at the ceiling. I was counting the seconds until the digital alarm on my bedside table would ring so that I would get out of bed and get ready for work . Today was Saturday but I still had a lot of things to tidy up at work and I just needed to get out and think for a bit.

I had trouble sleeping all night with the incessant nightmares so I decided it was better to keep my eyes open till day break. At least the nightmares had stopped now that I was wide awake. I looked to my side and remembered that Emma had left the room last night. If she was with me , I'm sure she would have calmed me down like she always does and I would have been able to sleep peacefully.

The nightmares had become a normal part of my nightly routine. It had stolen a lot of nights from me. From when my birth parents died, I started having nightmares that they were taken away from me.