26🌸.

Song - Hotter than Hell by Dua Lipa.

He calls me the devil
I make him wanna sin
Every time I knock, he can't help but let me in
Must be homesick for the real
I'm the realest it gets
You probably still adore me
With my hands around your neck...

Emma's POV

" Yes ." I nodded. " I'll take the job."

I'll take the damn job.

" Great." He said with a broad smile. " I knew you wouldn't let this opportunity slip away. You made a good decision, Emma."

I didn't know if taking this job right now was a good idea but all I know is that this is a great opportunity for me. It's my dream job staring right at me and I can't afford to lose it . This makes things even easier for me. I could start working in Jake's company and pay Logan back in installments. I didn't know how Logan would react about this but considering the fact that he disliked Jake from the moment he met him at the gala , I would say that there was an eight percent chance that he would hate that I was going to be working for Jake . Still, I had to be selfish right now . I had to think of myself and what I want. And I want this job. I want this job so badly.

" When can you start?" Jake asked . " I'd like you to join the company as soon as possible."

" Uh, I could start anytime ." My tummy was swirling either excitement . " But Wait. You haven't even seen my resumé. Don't you need that?"

" I probably do but I did a little research on you already and I saw in one of your old Facebook pictures that you graduated from Harvard with first class honors and you completed your masters degree with a distinction as well. That's all I need if you ask me."

" Oh." I was surprised that Jake actually took his time to research about me . I never thought I'd be getting a job without actually sending in my resumé and waiting for weeks to get a reply but I guess miracles do happen. " Well, Thank you for this, Jake ."

" Come on, you don't have to thank me. You deserve this." He replied . " My personal assistant will reach out to you and we'll discuss your pay and everything else. Then you can start ."

" Okay." I replied still overwhelmed with what just happened.

" The building is getting its interiors done. It should be finished in a few weeks. After that, the company will kick off officially in New York."

" That's great." I told him. " So what do you do now since you're waiting for the interiors to be done ?"

" For now, I work from home." He replied as he took my hand. " It's really good to have you working with me , Emma."

" The pleasure is mine." I replied honestly.

When we were done , Jake walked me to the front of the restaurant and the valet brought my car.

" That's a sweet ride you got there." Jake said , referring to my Tesla.

" Thanks."

" I actually have one just like that . Maybe we can go racing sometime with our little twin cars."

I gave him an amused look. " You're joking right ?"

" No." He said with a serious look in his face .

" Right." I chuckled. " I'll have to think about that one."

" It was nice seeing you again , Emma." He took my hand and brought it to his lips .