43🌸.

Song-  Set Fire to the Rain by Adele.

But there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true
And the games you'd play
You would always win, always win...

~~

I woke up feeling like shit. I felt so dizzy and as I dragged myself out of bed , my morning sickness came right  on time. I remembered the conversation with Logan last night and it only made me feel worse. I just felt really stressed from everything that was happening with Logan and planning Avery's party. At least all the major preparations had been done. All I had to do today was go out and get Avery a birthday present. I looked at my savings and because I had a lot to do with money right now, I couldn't get her a big or very expensive present but I wanted to get her something really nice .

I managed to force myself to take a shower and dressed casually in a white shirt, jeans and a button down shirt over it then I wore my sneakers. I was feeling in the mood so I decided to a mirror selfie in the floor length mirror in the room. I couldn't remember the last time I took any pictures.

I walked outside the hotel and  saw a familiar looking man standing outside

I walked outside the hotel and saw a familiar looking man standing outside . When I got closer to him , I realized that it was Luke , the personal bodyguard Logan had assigned to me. I was confused as to why he was at the hotel though.

" Good morning, Miss Durson." He greeted with a curt nod.

" Uh , good morning Luke. What are you doing here?"

" I'm doing my job." He replied with a serious look on his face.

" You're doing your job?" I asked bemusedly. "Don't tell me you now work at this hotel."

" No ma'am. I'm doing my job of protecting you. I'm still your personal bodyguard."

I shook my head. " No you're not. I'm not with Logan anymore so you can stop following me around. I don't need a body guard."

I know Logan said something about a murderer out on the loose but to be honest? I wasn't scared one bit. I didn't offend anyone at least not that I know of so why would anyone want to hurt me? Besides the whole murder of that man might not have anything to do with me. I just had to be positive about everything.

" Miss Durson, I'm just following the boss's orders. I have two jobs. One, to follow you wherever you go and two, to protect you."

" I can't believe Logan is still trying to control myself even when we're not together." I muttered angrily.

" So where are you off to ? Let me drop you off."

" No!" I retorted. " I'm not telling you where I'm going because you're not following me anywhere."

" Please let me do my job. Miss Durson. I'm just here to protect you that's all."

" I don't need protection. You can tell your boss that." I turned around and started walking to where I parked my car but he followed me behind. I started walking faster and he increased his pace behind me. I wanted to run but with how tired I was, I knew he would catch up with me in a matter of seconds.
" Ugh! Why won't you stop following me?"