7🌸.

Song - All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran.

So open your eyes and see
The way our horizons meet
And all of the lights will lead
Into the night with me
And I know these scars will bleed
But both of our hearts believe
All of these stars will guide us home...

Dad was finally coming home today!

I couldn't contain the excitement I was feeling as I got the house ready for Dad's welcome home party. Aylene and Jeff were here with their kids, My Grand ma was here , A few close neighbors from the block were here and some of Dad's friends from the police department. Mom and her older brother, Uncle Will went to pick up Dad from the hospital. Uncle Will is Aylene's father. Her mum died of cancer when she was in her last year of high school and her Dad just never wanted to get married again even if Aylene tells him almost every time that  he should. He says he'll never love any woman like he loved her Mom.  Dad's younger sister , Aunt Marie, her husband and their kids were also here. Aunt Marie and her family live in Portland but other than that she's always traveling because of her job and never really visits Golden Valley . There was a time she lost touch with Dad and he didn't hear from her for over a year but once she heard of his surgery, she became closer and tried to help with money. I guess she's here today to make up for lost time. Grandpa however was still in the hospital. His knee cap surgery went very well but the doctors say he needs to be in the hospital for a few more days. It's so sad he won't get to see his son come home today.

I wanted to go with Mom and Uncle Will to bring Dad home but I had to get everything ready in the house. The balloons were set , mum had changed our flowers and there was a colorful banner hanging from the ceiling which read, Welcome home!

I walked to the backyard to see how everything was coming along. There were also beautiful flowers set up by mum. There were wooden chairs and tables set up, a bouncy castle for the kids and Jeff was grilling some sausages while Aylene was trying to get the kids together. I glanced at my wrist watch and Logan wasn't here yet. I felt a little bit queasy because this was it. I was going to Dad about everything today and he was going to meet Logan. The doorbell rang and my heart skipped maybe like two beats. Dad was here .

" I'll get it!" Shelly yelled as she rushed down stairs and made it to the door before me.

" Hi Shelly," A teenage voice that obviously wasn't Dad's said as he came in and my face fell.

" Hi, Earnie." Shelly replied as she moved for him to come in.

" Hi Emma. My mum asked me to bring this." Earnie said as he handed me a freshly baked pie.

" Oh tell her I said thanks." I replied sweetly as I took the pie from him and went into the kitchen to set it on the dining table.

The door bell rang again and this time I made it to the door before Shelly could yell ' I'll get it!"

The door opened and Logan who had just ended a phone call, turned around. I couldn't help the way my heart fluttered when he flashed me his to-die-for smile. He was wearing a dark suit . I had to step back to take a good look at him. Damn... His hair was styled with some product and the scent of his cologne ... Argh! He smells so damn good every time.

He tilted his head to the side. " Like what you see?"

" Yeah." I chuckled as he pulled me close and gave me a quick kiss on my lips. I moved for him to come inside. " But aren't you too dressed for a welcome party?"