14🌸.

Song- Where do we go from here by Ruelle.

Where do we go from here?
How do you fly with no wings?
How do you breathe without dreams?
Where do we go from here?
From here
From here...

I was sitting on one of the long stool chairs in the kitchen, with my eyes focused on my laptop. I grabbed the packet of Cheetos beside me , took a handful and poured it in my mouth. This was my second packet of Cheetos today. I don't know why I am craving Cheetos so much today . I was checking out some corporate companies I could work for once I was done working for Logan and I was so excited to see that the prospects of me getting a job in one of these companies were high considering my qualifications.

I dipped my hand into the packet again and I was about to throw the second round of Cheetos in my mouth when Alex walked into the kitchen. I paused mid-air , " Alex, Do you feel better now?"

She was taking a bottle of water out of the fridge but she didn't look at me . " Yeah . I feel fine."

" Okay. That's great." I replied not wanting to push her with anymore questions. I already know that this doesn't mean that she and I are somehow friends now so to be honest? I didn't help her last night with the thought of her liking me overnight. That's not how things work with Alex.

She was walking towards the door of the kitchen with the bottle of water but for some reason, her head hung low like she couldn't even look at me . She stopped at the door and turned to me . " Um... thanks for last night."

I smiled at her . " Its nothing. I'm always here to help."

" Yeah." She nodded briefly . She stood at the door for a few seconds as if she was debating on whether to say something or not. " Hey Emma?"

I looked up at her. " Yeah?"

She shook her head and said" Never mind." Then she left.

I shrugged and returned back to typing on my laptop but it wasn't up to five minutes when I heard the door bell ring. I jumped down from the stool to go and answer the door. It must be the doctor Logan said he would send to check on me today. Yes people, after my vomiting fit last night, I had to come clean to Logan . I told him how I also had a vomiting session at the diner yesterday and he insisted that he sends his personal doctor to see if I was coming down with something today and no matter how much I tried to tell him I was fine, it fell on deaf ears.

I opened the door and a dark skinned lady with beautiful curly brown hair was standing at the door. She wasn't dressed in the usual doctor's outfit but she wore a black and white polka dotted shirt and a black pencil skirt which went well with her black stilettos.

" Hi. You must be Doctor Anderson," I greeted extending my hand for a handshake. Logan made sure he gave me every detail I needed to know about her and since she was the personal doctor for his kids, I trusted her already. " I'm Emma."

" It's very nice to meet you, Emma." She responded politely as she shook my hand.

" Please , come in." I ushered her in.

She followed me into the living room, where she sat on one of the Sofas and I sat opposite her on the loveseat.

She took out a folder and pen from her big black bag . "Mr Ross already informed me earlier today that you've been vomiting lately so I will just be examining you."

" Okay."

" First off, I'll be checking the rate of your heartbeat, your temperature and your blood pressure."