44🌸.

Song- Birthday Girl by Stormzy.

Word on the road you're the birthday girl
Don't be sad on your birthday, girl
Sittin' in the club like you didn't wanna come
So I send a couple bottles to the birthday girl
Ay, you're the birthday girl
Do what you like, you're the birthday girl
Them girls watch face, but yea, it's all bait
That them chicks will hate on the birthday girl...

~~

" Oh My God, Luke what are you doing?" I asked with a horrified look on my face as Calvin struggled to get out of his hold.

" He's the man that has been following us ma'am. Look at his car. It's the same black car that was following us earlier today." Luke replied still not loosing his grip on Calvin.

I didn't get it. Why would Calvin be following me? He had no reason to want to hurt me. This had to be some sort of misunderstanding.

" Emma..." Calvin gasped for air as he sunk his fingers deep into Luke's skin but Luke wasn't giving in. " I ...can explain...tell him to let me go."

" Luke please just let him go. He's my friend ." I pleaded.

" Are you sure ma'am?" He asked skeptically.

" Yes. Just please stop." I replied desperately.

" Okay." He replied reluctantly as he let go of Calvin and pushed him aside.

" Ow." Calvin rubbed his neck then he covered his nose with his hands touching the blood.
" He broke my nose."

" I'm so sorry , Calvin." I rushed to give a gave him a hand towel from my bag .

" He thought you were following us. Luke didn't mean to harm you, I promise. He's my bodyguard and he was just doing his job."

" Well does his job description include hitting innocent people?" Calvin asked , obviously hurt and offended.

I saw Luke's hand balled into fists again. " Luke stop . Just please get in the car. Now." I was surprised at the way I ordered him .

" Okay ma'am ." He replied as he walked into the Tesla and entered the driver's seat.

I helped Calvin clean his nose with the towel and he winced in pain . " You need to put some ice on this. Do you need to sit down? Should we go inside the diner?"

" No, I'm fine." He shook his head and looked at me. " I wasn't following your car. At least not in the way he made it seem. I was at the mall and I saw what happened with those two ladies . I wanted to talk to you to see if you were okay but I couldn't because you and Mr Batista over there were rushing to get out of the mall . So I followed your car because I thought you were going back to the hotel. My sister called on the way to ask if I could get her some groceries so I had to go to a grocery store and I lost your car. Then Tess called and asked me to buy dinner on the way home so I decided to stop here. I really had no idea you were in there and next thing I know your bodyguard is pulling me out of my car and punching my nose."

His explanation made  sense . It was just a case of mistaken identity on Luke's part. I mean Luke didn't know who Calvin was so it was normal for him to think he was a stranger who wanted to harm me.

" But you would have just called me." I told Calvin.

" I guess I didn't think of that." He rubbed the back of his neck.

I sighed . " I really am sorry. Luke isn't always like this. Please don't press charges or anything."

He chuckled. " Don't worry, I wasn't planning to. Besides, if you have a bodyguard he was probably employed by Logan. Imagine me going against him in court. With that much power and influence, I know I won't be the one winning the case."