58🌸.

Song - Better by myself by Hey Violet.

Would you kill me if I told you
That I never wanna speak to you
'Cause when I'm on my own, I feel alive
And there's nothing wrong with crying
But my empathy is dying
'Cause we never were that good, we'd always fight

~~

Emma's POV

When Logan called my name and I turned around and saw him , the first thing I wanted to do was run to him and hug him . I forgot about all the hurt and pain I felt . All that was in my mind was how happy I was the that he was alive . He wasn't lying on the bed looking lifeless. He was walking . But I couldn't . For some reason my body remained still and my legs were stuck to the floor.

The way his eyes roamed my face and my body . His bloody fist. I knew had beaten Calvin up . I knew he would do that for me . He had anger in his eyes as he touched my bruised cheek. It felt like he wanted to go back outside and do something horrible to Calvin . His hands on my skin felt nostalgic even if it hurt .

I don't even know how I brought up the fact that he out of the hospital. I wasn't supposed to mention it . I almost gave myself away. And when he asked me why I didn't come to visit him at the hospital, I had to blink severally to stop the tears at the corner of my eyes from falling. I couldn't tell him that I did visit him at the hospital the moment I saw the news about the accident. I couldn't tell him that I watched him as he slept silently praying that he wouldn't die. That I called the doctor everyday to know how he was doing. That's why I lied. I had to. I didn't want to give him any ideas. I knew if he saw me he would use the opportunity to ask me to come back to him and that's exactly what I didn't want to happen . I was trying so hard to move on from the pain. From everything. I needed him to do the same.

What I wasn't prepared for was to see the hurt expression on his face. The disappointment in his eyes. He had expected me to come and he would never know that I did.

I had to let him let me go. That's why I forgave him. But I need him to find peace. That's the biggest gift he can give to himself. Peace. Logan has a lot of demons he is fighting and I want for him is to defeat them. He deserves to live a happy , peaceful life. Even if not for his own sake but for the sake of his kids. They need a father who has his shit together enough to give them the love and attention they need. Sadly, I don't think Logan is going to get the help he needs with me there. I don't know if he's going to get it without me there either. I guess it's up to him now.

After everyone had left the building , Tess and I were left in the living room . I sat cross legged on the couch and Tess was lying on the sofa bed. We were both numb. Lost in our different thoughts. The events that occurred earlier today played and replayed in my mind. My body still hurt all over from the struggle with Calvin . When I examined my face in the oval shaped mirror hanging on the living room wall, I saw that the side of my face where he hit had already turned purple . I had a small bruise on my hand too from hitting it on the headboard when I was struggling with Calvin.

To think that someone that I thought was one of the kindest people I know could think of violating me , made me shudder . How do people conceal the evil parts of them ? How do they pretend like they're someone else the whole time you've known them ? It still baffled me to know that Calvin was the one who caused Logan's accident . If anyone else had told me , I might have never believed it . I was living with a dangerous person for weeks and I didn't even realize it.

Now that I think  about it , It all makes sense . He wanted Logan out of the way so that he would claim me . He wanted me at all costs and it didn't matter if someone had to get badly  injured or die for it . That alone makes him a psychopath. Not to talk about the fact that he had been monitoring my every move and lying to not only me but his girlfriend. Well his fake girlfriend.