12🌸.

Song- If you need me by Julia Michaels.

But if you need me, I'll be right there
When you're dreaming all your nightmares
I'll come tackle the monsters
I'll find where they hide in the nighttime
If you need me, I'll be right there
When you're happy and when you're scared
I can still be your shoulder
I'll be by your side even if I'm not next to you...

Since I decided to stay back and continue working for Logan, I'm back to my old routine. It's one month left till the kids go back to school so I decided to spend as much time with them as possible. Well not all of them . Since my last encounter with Alex, she has been even more colder to me. It doesn't mean I've stopped trying with her though. I don't think holding a grudge against her would do any good. Bottom line is I'm just not a fan of holding grudges.

I fixed Logan's tie and gave him a quick kiss because he was already running late to work. He never goes late to work but these days it's like he wants to spend every last minute with me before he leaves and I can't say I don't love it. I haven't brought up the question about what he was doing in the store room that night mainly because I don't want it to seem like I'm being too suspicious. He could be doing anything in there like maybe clearing out her stuff or something like that so I tried as much as possible to push the bad feeling I was having away for now.

" Goodbye my love." He said as he kissed me one more time before turning to leave with Wallace.

" Bye." I called out , secretly wishing that he would stay with me a little bit longer. " What do you want for dinner tonight."

He turned back with a smirk on his face. " You know what I want , baby."

I giggled quietly as I bit my lip. The space in between my thighs were already dampened just thinking about what an eventful evening tonight was going to be .

After he left, I took a shower and dressed up in a casual tee shirt and skinny jeans. Maddie had texted me a few days ago that she and Ron were back in New York and both of us were meeting up with Tess today at a diner downtown. It was going to be like our little reunion. Alex was going to be at Abbie's house today and Jason was going to be taking his summer karate lessons so I was left with Avery.

I picked her up to go give her a bath. " It's just gonna be me and you today baby."

" Yayyy." She squealed as I twirled her around the room.

I got to the diner and walked to where Tess and Maddie where already sitter at a table.

" Hey guys."

" Way to be punctual." Tess teased jokingly.

" Sorry I'm late, I had to get Avery ready too." I said with the most apologetic smile.

"Oh, come here. I missed you so much." Maddie said as she enveloped me in a tight hug then I hugged Tess next.

" It's been a minute, girl." Tess said as I hugged her next.

" I thought you guys were never going to come back. Imagine losing your two best friends almost at the same time. Both of you should be apologizing to me right now." Tess pointed her index finger from me to Maddie.

" We're sorry." Maddie and I said simultaneously.

" Good , Apology accepted." Tess replied with a huge smile. There was just something different about her now than the last time I saw her. She looked so much happier . Maddie too, she was literarily glowing like a pregnant woman which showed that she was much more happier than she was when she left for Seattle.