31🌸.

Song- US by James Bay.

Sometimes I'm beaten
Sometimes I'm broken
'Cause sometimes this is nothing but smoke
Is there a secret?
Is there a code?
Can we make it better?
'Cause I'm losing hope

I walked into the living room and met the woman stroking Avery's hair as Avery showed her one of her dolls. " She's so pretty."

" Thank you. Her name is Molly." Avery told her sweetly.

" Hi." I said , gaining her attention. She walked up to me with a broad smile on her face . " Hi, I'm Olivia but you can call me Liv. You must be Emma."

" Yeah." I replied. How come I've never met this cousin and she knew already knew my name?

She took a glance around the mansion . " This is one beautiful place." Then she said something else under her breath.

Like everyone associated with Logan's family, she looked like a fashion model with her burnt orange her that was packed in a bun and bright red lipstick. She wore a short flowery dress, revealing her long model like legs which were fitted in black stilettos. For some reason, she looked oddly familiar but I just couldn't place where I had seen her before or maybe it was just my imagination.

" Do I know you from some where ?" I didn't know when the question popped out of my mouth .

" I don't think so. I've only just come into the country ." She replied with an amused chuckle . " I haven't  been in the country for a while now." Her British accent gave it all away.

" Oh. I'm sorry for the mix up." I said feeling quite embarrassed now .

" It's fine . I get that a lot ." She answered with a smile . " Is Logan home?"

" No ,he's probably at work right now.  You should have checked in on him there."

" Silly me, I forgot about that ." She placed a hand on her forehead and laughed. " I can just wait for him till he gets back home. I don't want to disturb him while he's at work."

" Okay but he usually doesn't come home very early." I informed her .

" It's okay. I want to surprise him." She answered with a wide grin. I didn't mean to be disrespectful but the grin was a little bit creepy.

" Okay then ." I realized that she was still standing . " I'm sorry, have a seat. Can I get you something to drink?"

" Whiskey would be fine." She answered swiftly as she sat down. She sounded exquisite. Like a person who definitely dines with the rich and dainty.

" Uh, Okay." I was expecting to hear an orange juice or water but okay, bottle of whiskey it is. I guess Logan is not the only one that loves to drink in his family.

I came back with a bottle of champagne from Logan's wine cellar and a glass .

" Thank you." She said as she opened the wine and poured a good amount into the glass.

It would be rude to leave her in the living room alone so I sat on the loveseat opposite her and thought of a way to start a conversation.

" Daddy didn't tell us he has a cousin." Avery said as she sat beside Liv.

Thank you for starting the conversation , Avery.

" Yeah." Alex agreed . " But you're really pretty."

I tried to hide the surprised look on my face when Alex called her pretty. Alex had been really trying to be a lot nicer to not only me but her siblings and everyone else. I couldn't be more proud of her. The old Alex would have said something really nasty to Liv and stomped upstairs .