40🌸.

Song- Sinking In by Jake Scott and Katelyn Tarver.

'Cause letting go of you feels like I'm letting go of me
Without you here I won't know who I am or who to be
If I walk away I'm scared I'll never see you again
But I'm fighting for a memory, I'm starting to forget
'Cause the thought of losing you is sinking in...

~~

Logan's POV

I was fuming with anger when I left Emma's room .
My hands were balled into fists as I walked through the Lobby . The receptionist said something that sounded like "have a nice day , sir." but I didn't even turn to give her a reply .

I don't remember how many times I screamed " fuck!" in the car as I drove off. Just remembering how Jake felt comfortable being in Emma's room made my blood boil the more. I hated seeing Emma with any other man who wasn't me let alone Jake. I don't even know how that snake slithered his way back into her life . Every time I tried to calm down , I imagined him touching her , maybe hugging her and trying to "be there " for her and I get infuriated all over again.

Why did she call him ? Why did she tell him where she was ? I felt really stupid assuming that she was cheating on me with him but why was he there? I couldn't believe she chose him over me . She told him to me to leave and let him stay. Was she really done with me ? Did I hurt her so bad that she had already made her think this was the end?

I remembered the way he challenged me , telling me that I was stupid enough to let Emma go and I swear that's where I would have punched him. That's if Emma didn't come in between us . She was the one who saved him or he would have left the hotel with a few face bruises and a broken nose . I'm not the aggressive type of person but my love for Emma has made me aggressive . The fact that I don't want to see any man anywhere remotely near her has made me aggressive .

Emma is mine. All mine. And no other man had the right to touch her except me . Especially not Jake Hartley.

I know Emma told me to leave but I knew she didn't mean it . I wasn't ready to leave her . Not in a million years. When I looked into her eyes I saw it . She still wanted me . She still loves me and I love her . That's why I'll do every thing humanly possible to get her back. She doesn't get to leave me a second time .

I arrived at my building , earning stares from everyone in the lobby . It was probably because I wasn't dressed in a suit today . This was the first time I was wearing something casual to work. I wore a plain white shirt and jeans with a black converse . To be honest? I couldn't care less about their stares and whispers . They were the least of my problems . All I could think of was how to get Emma back .

I got out my phone and my thumb hit the Instagram icon by mistake, opening the app. I rarely checked what was going on Instagram except to post on my company's page. I didn't even do it all the time because my social media manager handled that most times. I didn't see myself replying to over a million direct messages and most of them were women proclaiming their love and devotion to me or even going the extra mile to send me nude pictures.

A few months after Amy's death, I would have been interested in this. After all, I met most of the women I frolicked with on instagram but now, it was just revolting to see. I had eyes for only one woman and that was Emma.

I was about to leave the app when something caught my eye on the Instagram feed. I saw a picture of Jake and Emma standing outside a restaurant laughing together . My jaw clenched as I swiped to the next picture where he was kissing the back of her palm . My hand was literarily shaking when I swiped to the last picture and saw them hugging in front of the same restaurant. The picture was posted by an entertainment blog with the caption. ' Logan Ross's girlfriend seen outside restaurant with new CEO of Orange inc' .