20🌸.

Song - Ghost by Ella Anderson .

I keep going to the river to pray
'Cause I need something that can wash out the pain
And at most
I'm sleeping all these demons away
But your ghost, the ghost of you
It keeps me awake

As I walked through the hallway, my inner thoughts were telling me to turn back if I didn't want to get hurt but the stubborn part of me said no. Besides , my hand was already on the door knob, I could turn back now. I breathe in a little then breathe out, telling myself that I was just checking for the sake of doing it and Logan was probably not in this room. I mean it's not like I was opening a Pandora's box or something...right?

I pushed the door open and took a few steps inside the room. The room was dark so I reached for the switch on the wall and switched the lights on. I looked around the room as it all came back to me. The first and the last time I was here was when Alex snuck out and I was searching for her all over the mansion. Logan had instructed me never to enter this room and that day, I found out why. The room still smelled musty like the last time I was here and I swiped my index and middle finger over a cardboard box, there were a lot of dust particles on the pad of my fingers obviously because Greta isn't allowed to come in here to clean.

I could already feel Amy's presence in the room. I mean how could I not? The room was probably filled with everything she ever owned. At least Logan isn't here. That made me feel a lot better. I don't know why I feel like I'm in some sort of competition with a dead woman. I stared at the huge picture frame of Amy hanging on the wall. I never really had the time to really stand and survey the picture the last time because I was rushing to leave.Her hair was strawberry blonde, her big mesmerizing green eyes were staring down at me. I had to admit, she was really pretty but what was really bothering me was the way she almost looked like me. I don't know how I didn't notice it before but if you take off her blonde hair and flatten her chin just a little bit, we could be twins.

Is it possible that Logan fell in love with me because Amy and I look alike? My heart raced at the thought. Was he trying to use me as Amy's doppelgänger? It was all coming together now. All the bits and pieces were now adding up. I didn't know what to do. Maybe I would confront him about it later.

I was about to leave the room when my eyes darted to a dark blue couch by the end of the room. . I don't think it was there the last time I was in here. Maybe it was one of Amy's special couches too.

Calm down Emma. She's dead.

I walked to the couch and my heart stopped beating for a second. Lying on the couch with a small picture frame clutched to his chest was Logan. He was fast asleep but it wasn't hard to make out that the people in the picture where him and yes, you know who- Amy. Just when I thought my heart couldn't be broken anymore, this happened. I can't believe he came here. He came to sleep ...in her room, with their pictures clutched to his chest. He looked so much at peace just lying there sleeping. I don't know but I've watched Logan sleep a few times and by this time, he always has his nightmares. Does this mean he finds solace sleeping here? I wonder how many nights he had slept in here.

God, I feel so...so . I don't even know how I feel. I tried hard to swallow the lump in my throat as I reached out and took the picture from under his arm slowly. I didn't want to wake him up. I looked at the picture closely. She was wearing a blue sleeveless gown and the  tiny bump showing off in the dress revealed that she was pregnant. Logan was wearing a grey t shirt and khaki shorts . They both looked so much younger. She was leaning on his shoulder while his hand was on her belly. It's obvious that it was Avery she was pregnant with because I could see a bit of Jason's back in the picture. It was probably Alex that took the picture. It  was taken in front of this mansion and it looked like they had just moved in because the sold sign was still there by the side .