37🌸.

Song- Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus.

I came in like a wrecking ball
I never hit so hard in love
All I wanted was to break your walls
All you ever did was wreck me
Yeah, you, you wreck me...

~~

I kept driving  till it felt like I was moving around the city aimlessly. Finally, I spotted a small hotel by the side of the road and pulled up in the parking lot. The rain was still falling unbearably so I kept my hoodie on as I came out and brought my suitcase out of the car . I ran to the door, rolling my suitcase behind me then I wore my sunglasses. The last thing I needed was to get recognized by anyone.

The door man opened the door for me and I walked into the lobby . Thankfully, there weren't so many people in the Lobby . The ambiance of the hotel even looked nice as I looked around . The interiors were simple but classy. Not that I cared anyway. I just needed a place to sleep because a splitting head ache was destroying my skull.

I walked to the woman behind the counter and she looked up at me almost immediately.

" Hello, welcome to the Hudson hotel. How may I be of service to you today?" She smiled at me . I was sure it was her signature smile for every customer that came into the hotel.

Wouldn't she ever get tired of smiling?

" Uh I need a room ." I sniffed . I had stopped crying on the way here but the anger and hurt, I still felt so immensely.

" Alright." She typed something on the desktop in front of her then she looked at me again. " How long will you be staying?"

I didn't even think of how long I would be staying in this hotel. The longer I stayed meant the more money I would have to spent per night . Still, it's not like I had any other choice. I would be staying here until further notice.

" Uh...I'm not sure. A week?" I told her tentatively. I would have to start with a week first and then see what happens after.

" Okay." She smiled  as she typed on the desktop again . I'm sure she was wondering why I was staying at a hotel for a whole week. Most people normally do weekends. " Are you in town for work?"

I knew she was curious or trying to make small talk with me.

" No." I replied simply. I didn't have any explanation to give so I didn't want to go any further explaining why I was going to be staying in this hotel for a long time.

" Alright." She stared at her screen and back at me. " It's 74 dollars per night."

I got out my credit card from my purse and gave it to her. She swiped it in a machine then she gave me back the card and a receipt.

" Here's the key to your room." She brought out a key from the drawer behind her desk and handed it to me.

" Thank you."

I looked at her name tag and saw that her name was Emily.

She called a man to help me take my suitcase to my room. We got out of the elevator on the second floor and the man led me to a door with the room number 215. Room 215. I guess this was going to be my home from now on.

" This is your room. I hope you enjoy your stay here." The man said as I opened the door with the keys . He went in and put my suitcase by a corner . " Enjoy your stay and call any of the numbered on the land line If you need anything ."

" Thanks." I said with a half smile . I wondered if he thought I was weird for wearing sunglasses inside the hotel . Well as long as no one recognizes me, I'm good.