21🌸.

Song - Don't give up Andy Grammer.

Cause I'm not givin' up
I'm not givin' up, givin' up
No, not yet
Even when I'm down to my last breath
Even when they say there's nothin' left
So don't give up on...

Logan's POV

I don't know how fast I was driving but I was speeding like my whole life depended on it. I probably ran a couple of red lights but I didn't care . All I cared about was my poor grandma that was hurt . My head was still throbbing  and I still felt a bit drowsy . This was not me. I'm usually very active in the morning and I don't even need a coffee to get me through the day except when I can't sleep because of my nightmares. I just felt really lousy today. I sent a text to Rachael telling her to handle things at the office because I might not make it to work today. I hoped she was in a better shape than I was.

In a few minutes, I was parking at the Hospital parking lot and running inside the hospital. My heart was pounding hard against my chest as I got to lobby and met with the receptionist .

" Hi , I'm ..."

" Yes, I know who you are , Sir. You're here for Mae Ross."

" Yes ," I nodded frantically.

" She was rushed in here last night by the Paramedics. I'll go get the doctor." She replied as she left the counter.

" Logan." I heard you name echo in the hallway almost immediately . I turned to see Sherley, Mae's personal nurse at the retirement home coming up to me. I walked to her and she gave me a hug. The last time I saw her was a few days before the Charity event . I haven't had the time to visit Mae since then.

Sherley looked up at me with tears glistening in her eyes. She looked stressed, older and there were fine wrinkle lines that were beginning to appear on her face . " I ...I'm sorry. I'm sorry , Mr Ross. It was my fault. I was supposed to be watching  her."

" Sherley just calm down and tell me what happened." I told her.

" I had just finished giving her some medication and putting her to bed. I... just left the room for a few minutes to call my family. I came back and ... I ... saw her on the floor beside the door of the bathroom . I don't know why she didn't wait for me , If I was there ..." she shook her head and broke down in tears.

" Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault." I pull her to me and she sobbed on my chest. It was very hard for me to watch her standing there crying when I was trying to get myself together. My Grandmother was one of  the most important in my life. She was basically my mother. She's the one who took care of me when my parents died. She's suffered a lot .I know she's an old woman . She's almost ninety. But she deserves to live longer. I don't want anything to happen to her. I spent majority of the time pushing everyone away including her and after I came back to my senses, I swore never to push her away again. I wanted to take care of her till she was really really old . Maybe till she was a hundred years and even more. I couldn't stand to hear anything happen to her.

The nurse came back with the doctor and Sherley and I quickly turned our attention to him .

" Good morning Mr Ross, I'm Dr Mason. I'm aware that you're the grandson of Mae Ross."

" Yes, I am. Is she okay? How is she now?"

" Come with me sir."

" Alright ."

" I'll stay in the waiting room." Sherley said as she dabbed her face with a handkerchief.

" No, you should go home. You need to rest." I told her. She looked very tired and there were eye bags sitting under her eyes. It was obvious she didn't get any sleep last night.