42🌸.

Song- Pill for this by Sam Derosa.

I don't wanna be 2 years done
Still messed up halfway over you
I don't wanna be back to square one
'Cause I messed up with someone new
So what do I do?
I learned how to love, not how to get over you

Logan's POV

After that you can leave if you want.

I don't fucking know why I said that. I didn't want Emma to leave. I wanted her to stay . The whole plan was to get her to change her mind and decide to stay. But I had to go and fucking tell her to leave if she wanted. The moment it came out of my mouth, I wanted to smack myself in the head.

I was happy  about one thing though. The plan to get Emma to come to Avery's party worked. I knew how much she loved the kids . It was when I mentioned them that I felt her soften towards me. I knew she still loved me. I saw it in her eyes and that's why I still have hope that she'll come back to me. Maybe after spending time with the kids again, she would realize how much she misses them and be persuaded to come back home. Then I could work my way to get her to forgive me.

I agree that it was some sort of manipulation. Maybe I was using my kids as bait to get her to come home. But I was too desperate and I could feel Emma slipping away from my hands. This was the only thing I could think of.

She seemed really hurt today. I hurt her again by telling her that I didn't want to lose the memories of Amy so soon and I didn't want my children to forget her so easily. That was the truth. It was my fault , Amy died. My fault. Her parents said it. I know it. I killed her and I'm going to have to live with it for the rest of my life.

The least I could do was protect her memories. That's why I couldn't throw away her stuff or give them away. I needed them to be their to remind me of her. To remind me that I could still hold on to her even though she's gone. I wish Emma could understand this. I love her but I can't let go of Amy.

I just hope she would come back so that I'll do everything in my power to show her how much I truly love her. Maybe I can make her understand that she's actually a very important part of my life and I wasn't ready to lose her.

Emma's POV

I started planning Avery's birthday the next day. I told Logan that I wasn't going to come to the mansion until Avery's birthday and I meant it. It feels like the more I see him, the more I get hurt. Yesterday was a very good example . It's like I keep trying to convince Logan that he can do so much better even though inside of me , a voice is always telling me that he will never be the man I want him to be.

Because I had to know exactly what the Avery wanted for her party, I had to do a video call with the kids so that I could talk to her . Of course I had to call Alex and the way the kids were so excited to see me almost made me cry . Seeing them again even if it was over video call still made my heart lurch but I had to remember the reason I was leaving them .

I talked with Avery and she said she wanted a princess party with all the Disney princesses involved but she also wanted a circus party like the Greatest Showman . As she talked , I took notes mentally planning on how I would fuse the two concepts together .

Over the next few days , I met with another event planner. Her name was Sylvia . When I looked her up, I saw that she was one of the best event planners in the state. Logan had hired to help me get everything set for Avery's party. So technically she had to follow my orders. Although it felt weird being in charge and giving orders to someone else, especially since she was a professional in the field and I wasn't.