Kyalin Shorts

These are just a collection of shorts I wrote, not enough for a full fic but I still wanted to share, their kinda cute, just fluff stuff you know. Hope you like them

Classy

     Kya stared at the woman across the room. Leaned against a pillow, a glass of wine in her hand, a long green pantsuit being very generous with the cleavage. She cleared her throat, downing the rest of her wine before getting another.

Be cool, Kya. She told herself, making her way to the Earthbender. Lin was engaged in conversation with Tonraq, who had also cleaned up nicely.

"Hey," she said, walking up to them.

"Kya!" Tonraq greeted, raising his glass to hers. "Its been a while." He said. "You have been back to the tribe in months."

"Yeah, well I'm needed here."

"I get it, just know you can stop by anytime." She nodded, watching Lin twirl her glass in her hand.

"I better go find Senna, we'll talk later, Lin." He bade farewell and the two were left alone.

"You scared him off," Lin said and Kya raised her eyebrows.

"Sorry?" Lin smirked, taking a sip.

"I'm kidding, he was talking my ear off. I see where Korra gets it."

"Oh." Kya repositioned herself so she was in front of Lin. She couldn't stop looking at her, seeing Lin out of her uniform usually meant a tank top, which wasn't bad, but this was something particularly special.

"What?" Lin asked in the silence.

"Hmm? Nothing."

"You came over here with nothing to say?"

"Is that a bad thing?" Lin looked out her, the sort of look that's given from the side of her eye and chills are sent down Kya's spine.

"No." Kya smiled in her small triumph, the two of them finished their wine and Lin set her glass on the small table next to them.

"Want to get some air?" Lin asked and Kya stiffened.

Yes. Say yes.

"Sure."

"Great, I know a balcony just up the stairs." She followed Lin, trying to keep her eyes on the happenings of the party.  Lin pushed open bay doors, and stepped onto the small balcony. She leaned against it, her arms holding herself up.
Kya mimicked her position and they stared at the ocean before then, the lights at Air temple island illuminating the water and the statue of Aang reflecting light from the moon. A small breeze blew Kya's hair so she tucked it behind her ear.

"You.. uh, you clean up nice," she said, crossing her fingers hoping that hadn't been a bad idea.

"Thanks," Lin replied and Kya detected a smile. "Not so bad yourself." Lin iterated, looking Kya up and down.
Did she just... check me out? No, she would have. Its all in my mind."

"Thanks."

"How long are you here for?" Lin asked after a while.

"Not sure, but I think I'll stick around, I've got nowhere to be." Lin laughed and Kya felt all warm inside at the sound.

"You never had,"

"Touchè."

"You should stay awhile," Lin said, and Kya's breath hitched.

"Really?"

"Yeah I mean.. with everything going on, we could use you." Kya frowned, Lin was always about business. "I could use you." Now that, was unexpected. Kya pursed her lips, shuffling herself closer to Lin. The moon lit up her eyes, the usual dull jade from years of trauma and tragedy were illuminated a brilliant green.
That has to mean something.