Double Date

Suggested to me by naamass

"I still don't understand why you agreed to this." Lin grumbled while Kya buttoned up the neck part on Lin's dress.
"Because, Korra and Asami have been nothing but nice to us since we... made the announcement. And it's good for us, and them."
"I can't possibly comprehend how this much stress is good for me."
"Oh Lin, stop being dramatic and get the keys. We don't want to be late," Kya said, rubbing the back of Lin's shoulders briefly before grabbing a purse and making way to the door. Lin bent the keys to her palm and followed, still grumbling under her breath.

"Hey, look there they are," Asami whispered to Korra, who had enticed herself by making a tune from hitting knives on the glasses.
"Hmm? Oh look, is Lin in a dress?"
"I think so."
"Bolin would love this." Asami nodded in agreement and the two of them played it cool while the older couple took their seats.
"Good evening Korra, Asami," Kya smiled, placing her jacket in the back of the chair.
"Good evening," Asami replied with an equally gentle smile.
"Lin nice dress," Korra blurted, getting an elbow to the stomach from her girlfriend. Lin just stared at her, her arms crossed and the same unamused look on her face.
"So, do you two come to this place often?" Kya asked.
"It's our favourite, it's central too so that helps. Some days we are together from 9 till 5 and others we hardly see each other. We always seem to end up here." Asami explained, taking a sip of her water when she was done.
"Oh I get it, I can't tell you how many times I've had to go to the station to bring Lin home from work."
"It's not that often," Lin protested, weakly. Kya rolled her eyes and Asami stifled a smile.
"Kya have you been to the air temple recently?" Korra asked.
"I was there the other day, why?"
"I was just wondering how everyone was doing. They're not around as much anymore, I hate to admit but I kind of miss Tenzin breathing down my back." Kya laughed and flipped the page of her menu.
"Tenzin has the effect on people. While he's around you hate him, when he's gone you miss him. Everyone's doing good, Jinora has really stepped into her role as a master, and Tenzin thinks that there's another arrow ceremony in the near future."
"That's amazing! I'm so happy for all of them."
"And how about little Rohan?" Asami asked.
"Well, he was crawling like crazy when I saw him, so he's mobile."
"Any sign of bending?"
"Not yet, but they didn't know the others were benders until they were a little older. There's still time." A waitress came, an empty platter in hand and a pencil and paper ready to go.
"My name Karina, I'll be your server today, can I start you girls off with some drinks?"
"I'll just get a virgin Margarita, Cherry please," Asami said.
"Yeah and I'll get one of those, with the alcohol in Lime," Korra added.
"I'll get a red wine, whatever's cheapest is fine," Kya grinned.
"I'll go for a soft drink, anything's fine," Lin said.
"Alright I'll be back soon enough" Karina smiled before taking off for the kitchen.
"Virgin Margarita, ill never understand, Asami," Korra joked.
"Well someone's gotta take you home."
"I know, I appreciate it. Even though I tease you." Asami blushed, and tried to hide her face from Kya who watched them with a sloppy grin.

Lin observed her surroundings, she tried to do the small talk like Kya had asked, but it was hard, and awkward. Instead she avoided eye contact, happy watching the workers move about.
"Well anyway, I show up at the precinct, and Mako is standing outside, this look on his face and I knew things were bad. I ran inside and I kid you not I busted down the doors to her office, Lin had a knife wound up her side, it was bleeding all over. And you know what she says to me? 'Kya it's not a big deal'" The younger girls laugh and Lin looked over to them.
"Okay honey, you're exaggerating just a bit. It wasn't a "knife wound" it was a scratch that just so happened to be caused by a knife shaped piece of metal." Lin added. Korra and Asami laughed, and Lin smiled, just a bit. She fiddled with the straw of her drink, halfhearted you listening to Asami tell then about one of their adventures on their vacation.
"Hey Lin, you okay?" Kya asked.
"Hmm? Yeah fine. I'm just going to the bathroom, excuse me." She replied, ignoring the worried glances from the rest of the group. She made her way to the bathroom, her brow sweating as more and more people set their eyes on her. She couldn't stop thinking about what had happened earlier today. She was out, and an aggressive older man had targeted her, because of her relationship with Kya. And now the four of them, being out together, it didn't feel safe..She hadn't told Kya, she knew how the water bender would worry, but she couldn't help but keep her eyes peeled on their surroundings, just in case another jackass tried to approach her with bad intentions. The bathroom was empty, thankfully, and she let herself relax by the sink for a moment. Taking in the silence and solitude of the room. It wasn't long before the door swung open, and the Avatar stepped in, desperate not to disturb the peace.
"Lin. You uh... good in here?"
"I'm fine Korra, go back to the table."
"See you say that, but something tells me I should stay."
"You're confused."
"Hmmm, try I'm confused. Well not me. You. You say: I'm confused." Lin sighed and faced away from the younger girl, putting a hand to her forehead on a crossed elbow. "Did someone say something? Was it Asami she can get pretty talkative sometimes. I don't get it you know? She says I have a habit of unnecessary rambling but I rarely speak-"
"-Korra. Oh my god."
"Something is wrong." Lin sighed again, this time Korra can you to her, stepping into her eye sight. "Lin you can tell me anything. I'll even keep it a secret if you want." Korra grinned, not a happy grin, but one that instilled confidence in Lin.
"I was attacked today."
"Ok not where I thought this was going, but continue."
"Some old bigot, guess he caught wind of my current relationship status, and that was too much for him."
"Wait, he attacked you because of..."
"Yeah."
"Does Kya know?"
"No! She'd get all angry, wouldn't let it down."
"Oh. Well honestly Lin, I have to hand it to you, you have the tolerance of Avatar Aang. If it were me... I would've been really destructive."
"Well its not like I didn't do nothing, I just didn't do enough."
"Ever since people found out about me and Asami, it hasn't been as happy go lucky as it used to be. So many people are happy for us, but there's still a lot of people who make enemies of themselves. I'm the Avatar and usually that's enough to send them running but you, you're a person."
"I'm the chief of Police,"
"That makes it worse. Some people have a problem with woman in power, a gay woman in power is just unheard of." Lin felt the corners of her mouth curve into a smile.
"Thanks Korra."
"Are you ready to go back to the table?"
"Yes, I am."
"Thank the Lion Turtles, I'm starving."

"Here they come, it looks like Korra got through to her," Asami whispered.
"Well I'll be darned," Kya replied as Lin and Korra sat at the table. "You good babe?" Kya asked.
"Great," Lin replied with a smile, kissing Kya in the cheek. Kya felt herself blush, and she spun the noodles on her fork in hopes of it fading. She caught Korra winking at her from the other side of the table and she smiled, releasing a discreet laugh.
"Where's the waitress?" She asked after a moment, "I'm ready for another glass of wine."
"Hell yeah!" Korra cheered, beckoning the waitress and getting herself a beer and Kya another glass of wine.
"Just bring the bottle," Kya told the waitress before she could leave. "So," Kya started, "What are we drinking to tonight Korra?"
"We, are drinking to Lin Beifong. For being the best bad ass in the city!"
"I can get behind that!" Kya smiled.
"Same here. To Lin Beifong then!" Asami added, raising her glass to theirs. Lin smiled, and with the motivation from her peers she raised her glass too, getting much more enthusiasm then she deserved. They took a sip at the same time, Korra and Kya's lasted significantly longer, nearly downing their newly refilled drinks in one go.
"Lin," Kya attempted at a whisper, "I love you," Lin smiled, and not without a small shake of her head she looked at her girlfriend.
"I love you too."

"Okay Korra, you and Kya can hang out tomorrow. Sure, Lin can drink with you next time. No we aren't stopping at Mako's stop teasing him it's not nice." Lin laughed as Asami put a four drink Korra into the car.
"Come on," she offered her own arm to Kya who stumbled a bit out of the restaurant, catching herself on Lin's arm.
"Lin I have been meaning to tell you all night, that dress really works for you."
"Tell me at home."
"Oh I will," Kya replied, rubbing her hand down Lin's cheek.
"You got that handled?" Lin shouted to Asami, who nodded, putting both thumbs up.
"Do you?" Asami asked.
"It's my job," Lin replied, boding farewell to the inventor and her girlfriend. Lin got in her own Sato Mobile, Kya leaned against the window, gazing out at the city lazily. They drove insolence for a few blocks, before Kya sat up, looking at Lin with a surprisingly straight face.
"Lin I know you pretty well," she said, "I know you well enough to know something bothered you today. You don't have to tell me, I'm just glad you're okay." Lin smiled, and let Kya rest her head on Lin's lap while she drove, using one hand to stroke her hair. The rest of the drive was silent, except the sound of their breathing, at one point Kya's became so steady Lin thought she had dozed off, but then she felt the waterbender adjust her head so she was looking straight up at Lin. From the look on her eyes Lin felt as though she was reading Kya's mind, your so beautiful. Kya had never let her forget it, and although the words made Lin feel awkward, she couldn't deny the small spark of joy each time it was said.

Kya walked beside Lin, their arms still entangled as they went up the apartment steps and Lin unlocked the door.
"Have some water," the metal bender said as she disappeared into the bedroom. Kya took a glass from the cabinet, filling it to the top and chugging it, doing the same thing again. Her head was a little clearer now and she made her own way to the bedroom. She flopped on the bed, staring at the ceiling waiting for Lin. It wasn't until she heard the sound of the shower that she sat upright, and pushed the bathroom door open. She scoffed when she saw the glass shower door fogged up and she started to pull off her own dress. She slid open the door, Lin didn't move and Kya was entirely sure the metal bender knew she was there. She wrapped her arms around Lin's waist, and pulled their bodies closer, pressing her lips to Lin's ear.
"I thought I made it very clear that I wanted to take that dress off you." She whispered.
"I didn't think you'd be up to it."
"I'm a waterbender, I have ways of keeping myself sober while being drunk."
"Oh really? Since when?"
"Since right now." Lin turned herself around, reaching up to kiss Kya on the lips, sending a chill down the water benders spine. She moved her hand into Lin's hair, grasping at it and it slipped through her fingers. Lin held onto Kya's waist, pressing their abdomens close, and when Kya was pushed against the wall she didn't resist. "Here I thought I was treating you," she gasped between each press of their lips.
"Yeah well plans change."
"Mmmm, and thank Kyoshi it's for the better." Lin smiled, moving a hand into Kya's inner thy and the other to her back. The metal bender nuzzled her face into the crook of Kya's neck, and Kya moaned at the touch of Lin's hand on her thy. She raked her nails across Lin's back, sensing the gathering tension in the earth bender. "Guess the double date wasn't so bad now was it?"
"Kya, stop talking and let me work."
"Of course, Chief." Kya replied, only allowing her mouth to open for the sinful sounds she made while Lin touched her and kissed her in all the right places, not letting her mind wander in the slightest.

Wow I ended up really liking this one!! I hope it was somewhat what you envisioned. It's not as explicit as I was aiming for but I felt like that was a good place to end it.