Pirate AU Part 15 (Finale)

Punk Skies
Chapter 15:

The Last Voyage

Lin woke to chills as the layers of fur were pulled off her. She groaned, attempting to pull them back to her but she was out done by Kya, who had them wrapped around her caterpillar style.

Izumi was nowhere to be seen, and Lin shuddered that the idea that the morning person among them had already left the warmth of the hostel. The had all but diminished, the remaining flames offerin nothing but light.

"Kya, share," she groaned, sliding closer to the furs she could get her hands on.

"No. You broke me." Kya replied her voice muffled.

"What?"

"My legs. You have to carry me." Lin sighed, using her arm to roll Kya over to face her.

"I thought that was what you wanted?" Lin questioned.

"Oh it was, it was magnificent. But you broke me."

"I broke you?"

"And Izumi. At least they can walk."

"Well Izumi did kind of do the work themselves." Kya kissed Lin on the forhead before flopping onto her back.

"We should get moving," Kya grumbled, "Davy Jones forbid my mother comes looking for me."

"Mm, and what do you suppose we tell her when I carry you all the way to her house?"

"That I had the best sex of my life, including the years I worked at the Chest of Gold."

"Well, consider me flattered." Lin grinned. She forced herself up, wasting no time putting on clothes and tossing more wood into the fire. Kya wrapped herself in a tunic, using one of the bed furs for extra warmth, Lin considered doing the same but she didn't want to be seen as thief, even though that was technically what she was.

Stealing from those who steal isn't the same as stealing from legit businesses, or at least she didn't think so.

As she was securing her belt the door opened, letting in a gust of wind.

"Agh!" She yelled and it was promptly shut.

"Dont be dramatic," Izumi said, brushing snow from her hair.

"Look," Kya interjected, pointing to her leg, "it's still shaking." Lin scoffed, she had to admit, the appraisal felt good.

"Thats great babe, but we need to get going." Izumi said, her voice filled with desperation.

"Whats wrong?" Lin asked, cuffing her sleeve.

"There's a reason ship's this size don't come here," Izumi started, "they aren't built for it. The ice is starting to break through the bottom floor. If it freezes again it could flood.

"So we have to leave?" Kya asked desperately.

"Yes, and quickly."

"We just got here, I've hardly had the chance catch up with her!" Kya protested. Izumi frowned, placing their hands on Kya's shoulders.

"I am sorry, Kya. I want to do this for you  I do, but if we don't leave now we may never get another chance. I can't do that to my son, I've already wasted so much time." Kya looked to floor, pausing.

For a second Lin feared Kya would stay, and she would have to choose. It was the worst thing she could imagine. Ever since they got together there had been rythym, and Lin felt whole. Splitting up, and having to choose which of her girlfriend's to go with... it would be a nightmare.