The Games Part 1

Yeah this is just something I felt a little inspired to write. Idk it's Kyalin there's always room for more. Enjoy the fan art (not mine) it's by Kaindraws on tumblr.

Kya nodded Korra a thank you as the avatar lifted one last boulder from the ground, finally the final obstacle was in place.

"That should do it," the avatar grinned, admiring her handy work whilst placing her hands on her hips.

"Thank you Korra, go take a break, I'll handle the rest."

"Aye Aye Kya!" She said before dashing off in the direction of Asami. Kya inspected the course and made sure everything was in place. She had taken it upon herself to coordinate an event, for all their friends and family to attend, once a year, so that they always saw each other and made time to catch up.

"Wow Kya, this looks amazing!" Kya turned to see Jinora, Kai at her side.

"Thanks sweetie, I hope it's long enough."

"It will be." Jinora reassured her.

"Did you deliver all the invitations okay?" Kya asked.

"Just got back from Zaofu, we got a little held back at the northern air temple, so we were a little behind, but Suyin was grateful and assured us she could make it."

"That's awesome! Thank you guys so much," She said, embracing her niece, and to the boys surprise, Kai.

"It's no problem aunty, actually it was nice to have some us time... I love the other airbenders but well..."

"Your father, he can be so annoying sometimes." Jinora laughed and nodded.

"He can. Come on, Lunch is ready, Mom has been working on it all afternoon so it must be special." Her niece said, holding out her hand. Kya took it and allowed her niece to help her down the steps, her broken leg still had some toll on her, and into the temple. Her face lit up when she saw those who had already gathered at her childhood home, she couldn't wait for everyone to be here in the next few days.

Few days earlier

Lin opened the neatly folded letter on her desk, it had sat there all day and just as she was heading out the door she remembered it.

Lin Beifong

Please grace us with your presence for the Avatar Games this year. I think you'll find this years challenge to be worth your time.

Love, Kya

Lin couldn't help but grin, she tended to avoid these silly things, but something about this letter made her want to go. Love, Kya.

"Chief?" She turned her grin back into a frown when she saw Mako standing at her office door.

"What?" She replied in her usual tone.

"Can I have time off for the games?" Lin sighed and nodded. "Are you coming to them Chief?"

"How do you know I was even invited?"

"I'm a detective. Besides I can see the letter in your hand. Everyone got one, see." Mako held up his later and Lin took it from his hand.

Mako

I hope to see you participate in the games this year, there are some young air benders who could learn a thing or two from a skilled athlete like yourself.

From, Kya

Lin pursed her lips when she read the last part. His said from but hers, hers said love.