Kyalin Week Prompt 2

Prompt Chosen: supportive Siblings

"You know Kya I really don't think this is the best way to go about it. I haven't even told anyone that..." Kya just stared at her confused mess of a girlfriend.

"Lin," she placed her hands on Lin's shoulders, staring I tot the eyes of the metalbender, "This is the best way to go about it. You kill two rat-birds with one stone." Lin looked at her doubtfully and Kya offered a smile to boost her confidence. "Besides," Kya mentioned, "if they know you then they will already know." Lin rubbed the back of her neck nervously and Kya took it upon herself to kiss her, on the cheek, gently, but Lin stopped her from pulling away and planted a proper kiss on her lips.
"By the time this is taking," Kya said, "I bet they've already guessed by now." Lin laughed and took Kya's hand, doing her best to smile.

"I can do this," the Police Chief said, mostly to herself.

"Yes you can, and I'll be there the whole time." Lin nodded and Kya pushed open the door to the restaurant, ignoring the butterflies in her own gut.

"What took you guys so long? We've been here for half an hour?!" Tenzin scolded, as soon as they sat down. Lin tried to hide her look of disgust at the circular booth, it seemed like the universe was making this as cushy as possible. She slid in next to Su who greeted her with a smile, and Kya slid next to Lin, on the outside, opposite of Bumi.

"Now Tenzin no need to be so stand-offish," Kya said with a glare.

"Sorry, sorry, it's just Pema's alone with the kids and-"

"She's fine Tenzin. She has a legion of airbenders to help her," Bumi said, nudgin his brother with his elbow.

"Lin, don't leave me alone with them ever again, please." Su whispered, getting a chuckle from Lin. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

"So, why did you summon us here, sister?" Tenzin asked, uncurling his chopsticks from a napkin. Lin felt herself tense up, and if it weren't for Kya's hand on hers, she might have blurted it out.

"Oh my god, relax Tenzin. We're here for an entire meal, so let's enjoy it and take it slow." Tenzin raised an eyebrow in suspicion and Bumi flagged a waiter by flapping his arms. Lin ignored her sister's eyes baring into her, was it really necessary to stare like that? When the waiter Bumi had summoned reluctantly came to the table they placed their drink orders, Bumi telling him to "hurry back," as an attempt at comedy.

"So, Lin," Su asked, "is the force still keeping you satisfied?" Lin gulped nervously, adding to Su's suspicions.

"Uh yeah, mostly..."

"Mostly?" Lin just looked at her sister in panic, unsure of how to fix the situation.

"Well Lin has other factors in her life now," Kya added from behind, "Like her niece living so close." With that Suyin smiled and took her sisters free hand.

"Really? Lin have you and my daughter grown close?" This time Lin was confident in her answer.

"Yeah we have grown close. Opal comes by to make sure my fruit hasn't gone bad." Suyin smiled and sighed in happy relief.

"Awwe, my sister and my daughter, an aunt and her niece. I'll have to talk to her." Lin just nodded, grateful that the drinks had arrived as a distraction. Lin watched as Kya took her paralyzer, turning the straw around in the glass as she ordered food, winking to the poor waiter before he left.

"Okay Kya I think an appropriate amount of time has passed and we can discuss your intentions," Tenzin said, placing his glass of water on the coaster. Kya sighed and leaned back into the booth.