Kya Goes to the Dentist

I just thought way back to the one I did about Lin, and thought maybe Kya deserves the same.

"Why do I have to take your sister to the dentist?" Lin asked, folding her arms. Tenzon sighed, trying to get Rohan to eat another spoonful.

"Because I told her I would and now I can't." He replied.

"Because you're going on vacation?"

"Its not vacation, it's an airbender journey to the western temple."

"Right. Where you will meditate and sit on the Cliffside in the sun." Tenzin sighed, turning to Lin.

"Lin, Kya asked for you, okay? I offered Opal and Kai but she wanted you. Please, just do it. Shes still adjusting to the city." Lin sighed, nodding her head.

"Fine."

"Great, thank you. She should be back any minute. All you have to do is drop her off and pick her up in an hour."
It sounded easy enough, and besides, she didn't have anything better to do since lowering her workload. Tenzin picked up a bag in one arm and Rohan in the other. Lin watched him get on the Bison, the other kids joining him, eventually pulling Pema up.

"Thanks again, Lin!" He shouted. She let herself grin, dipping her hand as they flew off. She looked to the bay, the ferry was coming in, which meant Kya was probably on it. She decide to get out of the breeze and go back into the temple. Sje paced around before inviting herself upstairs, happening to stumble in Kya's room. It was pretty empty, you could tell she hadn't been there long. Essence of the waterbender showed, however, in the new pink bed spread and picture of the southern lights parallel to the bed. Kya had a bag sitting on the foot of the bed, Lin bit her lip, looking behind her to make sure she was alone. She peered into the open bag. Clothes were sorted messily, the odd toiletry in the midst. She paused when she felt a different texture, something rougher and firmer, she pulled it out. A dark leather book, kept together by a weave of threads. She opened the cover, a note from Katara to Kya.
Cute. She flipped through the pages, reading the things Kya had written down. Varying from recipes to rants, the odd poem standing out. Lin smiled as she read through, completely unaware to how intrusive she was being.

I asked Tenzin if he could get Lin to take me to the dentist today. I want some time alone with her... even if I'm hopped up on drugs.

"Lin?" She dropped the book, turning around.

"Hey, Kya.' She said, blushing. Shit.

"Were you... reading that?" Kya asked.

"I.. um... yes?" Kya looked like she was about to get angry, but she took a deep breath, exhaling to calm down.

"I'm sorry," Lin said, "I was waiting for you to get back and I just started pacing and I saw your room and it reminded me..." she trailed off, noticing Kya's gentle grin.

"I'm not mad. Or, not totally, I'm a little embarrassed."

"Oh, no. Don't be. I mean, it's cute." Lin blushed, sweat dripping by her eye.

"Cute?"

"Yeah... um, anyway, we should get you to the dentist."

"Right." Kya said, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Lin's satomobile was on the mainland, so the two off them got off the boat and made their way over.

"I guess I could've came to you," Lin said, "spare us both a trip across the bay."