From Chaos to Order (Kuvira Backstory)

Requested by MadStyle14

So I'm working with this one in a slightly different format, lots of time jumps I just want to capture critical moments in her life, and moment that led to her becoming the Great Uniter. Very Anakin Skywalker-esque

8 Years old

"She's a master Metalbender Kuvira, she's going to take care of you and teach you."
"But I don't want to go! I want to be with you guys!"
"Believe me sweetheart, it's better for you if you're here." Kuvira remained silent, staring up at the massive domes of the city, the countryside fading behind them.  The wide gates of the metal city opened, and Kuvira watched her parents exchange a happy glance, leaving her out of it. Their carriage stopped, and her dad stepped out, picking her up and placing her on the ground beside him. "Go on," he told her, giving her a nudge.
"You must be Kuvira?" An older woman said, leaning down to meet her eyes. "My name is Suyin, this is my city, Zaofu."  Kuvira's eyes widened at the sight beyond the woman- Suyin, the city was so... clean. "Your parents tell me you're a metal bender,"
"I am!"
"Can you show me? Move this," Suyin said, placing a small metal bar on the ground. Kuvira dug her feet into the ground and focused, stretching her arm out and lifting the brick. Slamming it back down into the earth. Suyin raised her eyebrows and nodded in approval. "That was amazing Kuvira, if you stay here, I can teach you to do great things with your bending."
"Like what?" Kuvira asked, crossing her arms in the same way that made her mother chuckle.
"Like this," Suyin smiled, before taking a hardened stance that Kuvira memorized. She stared in awe as the woman pulled one of the large domes that framed the sky down toward her, the mass of metal shifting with her movements.
"Wow!" Kuvira gasped.
"You can do that too, with hard work." Kuvira nodded, and when the woman crouched down with her arms open, she ran into the hug. "Come with me," Suyin said, standing up, "I'll show you my home." She offered Kuvira her hand and Kuvira took it, looking back at her parents with a smile as her and Suyin walked into the city, unaware that she would never see them again.

10 years old

"Kuvira, honey, can you go get Opal from her room? Tell her it's time for dinner."
"Okay mom." Kuvira stopped in her tracks, her face flushed and she looked back at Suyin, who stared at her with a surprised look on her face."I'm sorry," Kuvira said in a frenzy.
"It's okay Kuvira." Suyin said, smiling brightly like always. She set down the platter she was holding and came up to Kuvira, who felt herself shaking with emotion. Su crouched before her, holding Kuvira's hands in her own. "You can call me mom if you want Kuvira. I don't mind."
"Really?"
"Really." Su replied, kissing her on the top of the head.
"Thank you," Kuvira replied in a barely audible whisper.
"Now Go fetch your sister." Kuvira's head reeled, not because she had called Su mom, but because Su had called Opal her sister. And she had never had a sister before.

12 years old
"Mom, why is everyone at school mad at you?"
"What do you mean Kuvira?" Su said, standing opposite of the counter as Kuvira.
"The boys at school said you were being selfish."
"About what?"
"I don't know, they said you weren't helping the Earth Kingdom. That you should be doing more." Su sighed, coming up to Kuvira who swung her legs off the stool. Su placed a hand on Kuvira's back, and looked at her with a gentle smile and soft eyes.
"The Earth Kingdom is different then Zaofu," she explained, "the earth kingdom is run by the Queen, and her legacy. Zaofu, we are our own little place, run by our own people. Problems in the Earth Kingdom aren't up to us to solve, that was the rule when I created this city."
"So why are they mad?"
"Their not mad, their parents are mad and the boys are listening to them. Many citizens here have family in the earth kingdom, and many of them want their families to come here. But there simply isn't enough room, we don't have enough people to expand the city."
"Oh. Why don't they help with the city then?"
"Because like we don't interfere with the Earth Kingdom's troubles they don't interfere with ours." Kuvira thought about this. To her it sounded like excuses, certainly her mother and the Earth Queen could figure something out. They could work together to better the entirety of the Earth Kingdom and Zaofu. But she kept her mouth shut and nodded. Su smiled and gave her a kiss on the head before disappearing down the hall.