Pirate AU Part 13

Pink Skies
Chapter 13: The Ice Village

Lin hadn't had enough time to Brace before they collided with the ice, and she fell to the floor, hitting her back against the wheel. The boat shaked and groaned, and she was already thinking about the days of repairs they had ahead of them.

When it was stable enough she stood up brushing herself of the dust she had collected on the ground. Kya was sitting on the floor, scratching at her wrist. Izumi had already made it to her feet, cursing.

"Just my fucking luck. At this rate we won't have a ship by the time we reach the fire nation. Fucking ice. Drop the fire bombs!" She hollered, making her way down the steps. Lin chuckled, watching her go. She offered Kya a hand pulling her to her feet.

"You okay?" Lin asked.

"Yeah, just a splinter."

"Let me see." Kya showed Lin her hand, and sure enough a piece of wood was embedded between her thumb and pointer finger. The area was already red and swollen, but Lin could get a grip on the piece with her teeth. She brought her girlfriend's hand to her mouth, receiving some resistance.

"What are you doing?" Kya asked.

"Do you want me to get it or not?"

"With your mouth?"

"Kya, my mouth has been in more sensitive areas." Kya's mouth went agape, but she nodded, a blush forming on her cheeks.

Lin gripped the splinter between her teeth and pulled, Kya winced, but she felt the small thorn in her mouth. She spit it out with a grin.

"Why did you enjoy that so much?" Kya asked.

"I love doing things for m'lady" Lin replied with a jest.

"Hmm, try that on your other girlfriend, see if it works out for you." They laughed linking arms, walking over to inspect the damage.

The crew had already begun dropping jars of alcohol and gunpowder to melt the ice, and it was working, albeit slowly.

"There's not going to be any left by the time we're out of here." Ping complained, dropping another.
"How am I supposed to stand this cold sober?"

"Relax," Izumi said, "we'll restock when we dock. Besides, it's not that cold, be happy it's summer. Who knows what this place is like in the winter."

"Its very cold," Kya answered, "I don't remember a lot, but I do remember staying indoors next to a fire, wrapped in furs." The others blinked at her, resulting in a shrug.

"What you asked."

"Right, um, keep the fire coming!" Izumi called pulling them over for a sidebar.

"I want you guys to go down there and talk to the local who waved us down." The Captain ordered.

"Why because I'm water tribe?" Kya asked, crossing her arms.

"What? No, because Lin is my first mate and you're not going to help with the fire bombs I figured you'd go with her."

"... yeah you're probably right about that." Izumi rolled her eyes, kissing them both quickly on the cheek.