Pirate Au Part 6

Pink Skies
Chapter 6: The Fire Nation

Days went by and Kya practiced her aim,
albeit alone this time.

Things had been awkward around the ship and she hated it. Lin wasn't avoiding her, but that was the weird thing. She felt like Lin had been let down so many times that it simply didn't affect her anymore.

Izumi had remained in her quarters nearly the entire time. Every once and while Kya would stand in front of the doors daring herself to knock but never being able to.

It was torchure.

That's why when land finally came into view, she nearly shot herself from her excitement.

"Kya! Watch where your shooting that!" Lin scolded, taking the pistol.

"Lin, it's the fire nation!"

"You do know we have been in the fire nation the entire time, right?"

"I know, but never on the mainland. Do you think there's a castle? Do you think it's all color coordinated like the ship?" Lin smiled, reaching out to hold Kya in her moment of excitement.

"For your sake, I hope it is."

"Oh there's castles alright," a voice spoke behind them. "Well, more of temples, but they are similar in size." Izumi's hair was fully done up. The topknot was incredibly pristine, the crown had been polished and her face scrubbed of any signs of sea life.

"You clean up nice." Lin said  Kya eyed Lin, who didn't seem to be joking or even aware of her flirtatious words.

Your reading into it.

"Good to know, because I'm cleaning you up next." Lin's face went red and Kya had a hard time believing what she was hearing.
"I can't have you showing up to the temple red as a tomato and looking like a retired shoe shine. Come on. Kya too."

They followed Izumi back to the Captain's quarters, standing in the center of the floor while she fetched a small box from near her bed.

"What are you doing?" Lin asked when Izumi pulled out some pins and a comb.

"Your hair, Lin. Relax, you can wash it out when we get home."

Home. Kya could've laughed. This place was in no way her home, despite the fact most of her life had been here.

She met Lin here, and Izumi. She acted more fire nation than she appeared.

"Do you mind if I start mine." She asked, taking a hair brush.

"Go for it." Izumi replied, getting to work on Lin.

___________________________________________

After about 30 minutes they were done, and Kya was checking herself out in the desk mirror. Izumi had lent them some clothes, and Kya felt fabulous.

She hadn't been this dressed up... well, ever. Even Lin was checking her own ass in the trousers Izumi had given her. Kya had to admit, Lin wasn't the only one.  Kya managed to fit her hair in one large tie, looping it enough to create a bun with a few loose strands. Izumi had donned her fire nation robes, similar to what she was wearing when they first met, minus the coat.

"We're here," Izumi said, looking out the back window. Kya grinned, pushing the doors open, her eyes wide to take in the surroundings. The ship maneuvered through large walls, a gate lifting to allow them passage. Fire Nation soldiers stood guard along the docks, their rifles in their hands.