Good Times

Here's (Highschool AU) part three!!!

    Lin pursed her lips, shaking her head.

"No."

"Lin, come on."

"I just don't think this is the one." She said, turning around in the dress. It felt so unlike her.

"Alright, well how about the one from before?" May-Ling asked, exhaustion in her voice. The three of them, Lin May-Ling and Jenna, had decided to go dress shopping together for senior prom.

"What about the suit?" Jenna asked.

"I liked it, but I want a dress this time."

"Why don't we go to the next store and look around?" May suggested. The attendant who had been helping them for the past two hours rolled her eyes and sauntered away.

"Sure. We'll come back if we don't find anything." Lin stated. She returned to her dressing room, pulling the dress down past her shoulders with a sigh. Kya would tell her every one of them was perfect because it was on her. The best part about prom coming up wasn't the dancing and the excuse to be tipsy at school, it was that Kya was coming home, just for her. The dress fell to the floor, and she admired her form in the mirror. Kya would no doubt be suprised at how much she had grown, she was at least four inches taller and well... she had toned out. A little more than before. Her passion project had been a new workout routine, with Kya gone she had so much extra time. She slipped back into her hoodie, hanging the dress next to the dozens of others before they left the store.

"So, Lin," Jenna said, "you must be pretty excited." Lin smiled, the red of a blush spreading across her face.

"Shes blushing!" May-Ling said with a jest.

"Its been two months since her last stop in the city. I barely saw her last time, she was here for a whole ten hours."

"What that's not enough time for you two?"

"Ha ha." Lin said, stopping in front of a glass window.

"Wait " she paused, tugging Jenna back to her.

"What? Oh." Jenna said when she saw the dress Lin was looking at.

"Should I try it on?" Lin asked.

"I mean if you want," Jenna said. Her friends made eye contact, no doubt crossing their fingers Lin would finally pick one and they could get on with their day.

"I will." Lin smiled, pushing open the door.

__________________________________________

"HELLO!" Kya sang as she pushed open the door of her childhood home.

"Upstairs!" Her mother called back and Kya scrunched her nose. I see how it is.

She hauled her stuff up the narrow staircase, her bag getting caught on the steps causing her much struggle and need to grunt. She rounded the corner to her room where her mom dusted the dresser.

"Not even going to greet me at the door?" Kya said, heaving. Her mother dropped the sweeper, walking to her daughter with open arms.

"Its good to see you, sweetheart."

"You too, Mom." Her mother smiled, pulling away and taking Kya's bag.

"How was the trip back?"

"Ugh, so long. Whale-tail feels like the south pole when you're in a rush to get home."  Katara smirked, dumping the contents of the bag directly into the laundry hamper.