Pirate AU Part 8

Pink Skies
Chapter 8: The Flying Boar

2 WEEKS LATER

The firenation had treated them well, but since Lin's training had come to a conclusion, so had their stay. She was going to miss sharing a bed with Kya every night, but she'd get used to it.

"Thank you, for everything," Lin said, bowing before her hosts.

"Anytime. A friend of my daughter is a friend of mine," Zuko said, returning the gesture.

"Just promise me you'll make use of those," Mai said, in reference to the throwables she had given Lin. She could feel the weight of the knives, stars, and pins in her belt, and it brought her a sense of security.

"Absolutely, I'll send proof back with Izumi." Mai dipped her head, parting to the side to let Iroh through.

"Mommy I want to come with you." He said outstretching his arms. Izumi crouched to meet him, wrapping him in one last hug.

"I know sweetie, but I'll be back before you know it, and I'll stay much longer."

Iroh leaned into her ear whispering something. They smiled at his antics, but Lin couldn't help her curiosity when Izumi blushed.

"I don't know," the fire Princess replied, "I hope so." Iroh smiled, directing his attention to Lin and Kya.

"Take care of mom,' he directed.

"Yes sir," she replied with a bow.

"Smooth sailing," Zuko said, "may Davy Jones protect you."

It was nostalgic being back on the ship. The repairs from the encounter with Bataar's frigate had been completed, and the hull looked good as new. Lin detected a fresh coat of paint with her nose, and a refill in supplies with her eyes.

"Captain, it's good to see ya," Shin and Ping said, along with the other crew members.
"Here we were thinking you decided to stay."

"Stay? And leave my gold to you bastards? Ha! The day I decide to "stay" is the day the Ozai's Revenge is taken to Davy Jones!" The crew cheered, and Lin joined in.

She hadn't chosen the Pirate Life, but damn had it chosen her.

"What are we waiting for? Undock the ship and head south, it's time the Revenge had its meeting with the Boar!"

___________________________________________

Kya had done some thinking, well, she had done more than that. She was certain Izumi had picked up on her innuendo at the restaurant, yet nothing had happened. Or if it did, it was between Lin and Izumi and Kya was left out of it.

She kept meaning to talk to Lin but they were always put enjoying the crowds, or with the Royalty, or doing other things... that it never felt like the right time. And with Lin training she didn't want to distract her. But now they would be sailing until whenever they ran into Suyin, so the time was nearing.

She sank back into old routines, pulling on sail ropes, helping out with the capstan. She even took the liberty of loading the second floor cannons just in case. When she was done, and covered in sweat she pulled out her flintlocks, and head to the back of the ship for some target practice.

She had gotten better since making port, the military had a training ground near the temple Izumi had invited her too a few times, and she had fired real ammunition at moving targets.

"You'll be hell of a marksman when this is over." Izumi remarked.

"Thats marks-woman to you."