Suvira AU (epilogue)

You guys wanted more Suvira... and that's great because so do I! Anyway here it is, it takes place 3 weeks after the first Suvira chapter which you should check out if you haven't yet. Without further ado here it is!

Kuvira laid against the back of her bed, the Tv was on, airing the news like usual. The bottle of Vodka was stuck in her hand and she slumped even further as she downed it for another sip.  She had made somewhat of a daily routine for herself by doing this. She skipped work more often then not, Su wouldn't do anything about anyway neither of them had spoken to the other since Su told her husband. Told her husband. Kuvira still couldn't wrap her head around it. That despite everything they went through, all of it, she was the only one left with nothing. No family, no friends. She couldn't even go to dance rehearsal anymore. So she drank, and ran herself through hundreds of scenarios of things she'd say to Suyin if she ever saw her again. She didn't always drink at home, sometimes she went to the bar, where the bartender would try to cut her off but she'd just force herself to throw up the already ingested liquor so she could do it all over again. Bad habits die hard, or something like that. She certainly wasn't expecting a continuous banging from the door, much less for the lock to click and it swung open.

"Kuvira? Holy shit it smells the sewers of Lake Laogai in here." Kuvira tilted her head lazily to look at Jei who stood holding her nose pinched together.

"How did you get in here?" Kuvira asked drunkenly.

"I asked the doorman for a key."

"And he gave you one?"

"Yeah, said he's worried about you, but also intimidated. So he much rather I came then him." Kuvira snorted and took another swig from the bottle. Jei sighed and took a step into the room. Kuvira was always a pristine person, who liked everything neat. But she stopped caring, and her room suffered the brute force of it. "Okay, enough of this Kuvira, where have you been? It's been three weeks since you've been to practice."

"I've been here." Jei crossed her arms, staring at the run down metal bender.

"How much have you been drinking?" She asked, taking the bottle from Kuvira's weak hands, much to her protest.

"I dunno, like 2 of those."

"You're telling me this is your second bottle?"

"You didn't let me finish, like 2 of those... a day." Jei sighed angrily, placing the bottle on the nightstand and and bending down to wrap her arm under Kuvira's, using the position to pull her out of bed.
"What are you doing?" Kuvira groaned as she was forced to her feet.

"Getting you cleaned up." Jei pushed Kuvira to the bathroom, opening the lid of the toilet just as Kuvira fell to her knees. Jei held back Kuvira's hair, taking the liberty of grabbing a wet cloth and pressing it to her head. Kuvira rested her back but Jei pushed it back into the toilet. "Puke more."

"I can't just puke more I-" as if Jei has manifested the vomit another spout of vodka and tekela entered the toilet bowl. Kuvira collapses back on the floor, pressing the cloth to her own head now as Jei ran the shower water.

"Are you going to tell me what's up? Or am I going to guess."

"Guess."

"Well," Jei started, crossing her arms, "considering Suyin has been in a similar state of despair, I'd say you two had it out." Kuvira scoffed, rolling her head against the wall so she didn't have to face her. Jei stepped around her, however, and once again she was taking up majority of Kuvira's vision.

"What?" Kuvira snapped.

"Hey!" Jei placed her fingers on Kuvira's chin and lifted it so their eyes were meeting. "I don't know what went on with you guys, you told me once that you were close. I'm working on the assumption you're not anymore. Did she demote you or something? Pass you up on a raise?" Kuvira tried to look away again but Jei held her there. "You're not getting in that shower until you tell me. Best not to wait too long, hot water will run out and the cold water is all you'll have left." Kuvira shot daggers at her, cursing herself for losing this easily.