Pirate AU Part 9

Pink Skies
Chapter 9: Sibling Rivalry

Lin knew her family was dramatic. It was trait her mother had reminded her and her sister of many times growing up.

Everytime Su threw a tantrum about a boy, or Lin yelled at her for stealing her clothes.

She thought they would have outgrown the dramatics, but here they were.

"Sister," her voice said, and Lin sliced the throat of her attacker.
"Its been too long."

Lin scoffed, turning her head, well aware of the amount of guns aimed at her right now.

"Not long enough," she replied.

"Why? You're still not ready?"

"Oh I am, I was speaking on your behalf." Su bit her lips shut, descending the stairs slowly, drawing out their inevitable demise.

"Lin!" Lin turned, Kya and Izumi had caught up, and they stood at the edge of the Revenge, watching Lin be circled by these predators. Both of them were covered in blood, and Lin got the sense she hadn't completed her other goal, to keep Kya from getting her hands dirty.

It sucked, but she wasn't too mad about it. This was the life of a Pirate.

"You made friends," Su said, "get them!" Lin widened her eyes as two of Suyin's men went over to them, but Izumi fell them both with a slash of her swords. The head of the one nearest to the Pirate Lord rolled onto the Revenge, and Izumi picked it up, as though to be admiring it.

"I belive this belongs to you," Izumi said, tossing it onto the deck of the Boar, causing the brains to spill out the bottom. Su looked at it with disgust, and Lin smirked.
"I'll have you know that's my first mate," Izumi said, "and you're not going do anything to her."

"Why's that?"

"Because I claim Parley." Lin met Kya's eye, and she felt this was a plan. One she wasn't involved in, but had to play along.

"You're already before me," Su said.

"Sure, but I am on my ship, and you are on yours. Don't tell me you've lost all of your honor. It'd be a shame to die aboard your own vessel, let alone as an infamously bad Pirate."

"You intend to kill me?" Suyin asked.

"That depends, on whether or not you plan to kill your sister." There was moment of silence before Su continued her descent down the stairs. She pushed past the crowd, who had stopped fighting to see what was going on. Bodies covered the deck of both ships, and Lin tried not to count the ones in red, the ones she recognized.

"Welcome aboard the Flying Boar." Suyin said, offering Izumi her hand.

___________________________________________

Kya remembered what Izumi had told her, saying it over and over.

Lin wouldn't die today. Kya had faith in Lin's abilities, Su pegged her as the cocky type. The kind of person whose own confidence was their downfall.

"Well, you're aboard," Suyin said, pacing. Her one leg hit the floorboards harder than the other and Kya suspected it was fake. Or, her boot had a pistol in it.

Kya left one hand on a flintlock, ready to draw at the first sign of conflict.

Aim for the head, aim for the Captain.

"It's not as nice as I pictured it," Izumi said, running a finger over the guard rails."

"Not everyone can rely on their father for gold." Su replied bitterly. Izumi smirked, lifting her finger before her, staring at the dust.