26

Felicity sat beside Alexander in his car

His veiny hands clutched the steering wheel rigidly in a little hesitation as if he was making a decision that can change his entire existence.

His brows furrowed and his jaw ticked. Yellowish orange lights from the side lamps of private parking adorned on his face casting contouring shadows onto his smooth tanned skin.

High cheekbones and chiseled jawline along with the smooth skin that looked like it never had a dot of acne on it in his entire life, made this man look like an Adonis.

Car filled with a low sigh as Alexander turned in Felicity's direction and then he cleared his throat.

"I got something for you." He tilted his body side ward and reached his long and muscled arm to the backseat. A crisp sound of some material filled the air before a bouquet came into Felicity's sight.

Beautiful pink and purple tulips bundled together emitting fresh fragrance in the air.

Felicity looked at the bouquets of tulips that are actually her favourite flowers and felt at a loss of words

Sensing the silence in the air, Alexander cleared his throat once again before saying "I just feel like I have been a really human to you in our past few meetings. I said things that were wrong and hurtful and I kept making mistakes. That was no way for me to act and I am extremely regretful so I want to apologise for it..." Alexander looked at Felicity who was still looking at the tulips with a blank expression on her face "..I should have brought roses, my assistant told me that girls like roses. I will buy roses for you next time" Alexander moved to put the bouquet back to the backseat with a regretful expression but before he could do it, a pale and slender hand grabbed his arm, halting him.

"Tulips are my favorite flower, roses are overrated anyway" Felicity said in soft voice and grabbed the bouquet of tulips.

'Should I sniff it like they do in the movies for a better effect?'

She proceeded to just settle them on her lap.

Alexander smiled and nodded, "Roses are overrated".

"However, don't think that I have for given you and let go all of my grudges just because of flowers." Felicity scoffed.

"Don't worry! I plan to give a heartfelt apology" Alexander chuckled and started the ignition, driving towards the venue.

The car ride was silent.

Comfortably silent.

Before Alexander decided to interrupted it.

"Your older brother told me that you were planning to establish a music label? Have you already thought about it? Entertainment industry can be very cutthroat and dangerous" Alexander said.

"He told you?" Felicity asked through gritted teeths.

Of course Felix would tell Alexander, the two get along quite well and Felix have always been mischievous.

"Hey! Don't get mad at him, he just asked me to take care of you and help you if you really decide to get into the entertainment industry since we already have a branch of Lu's in the industry. Lins are not involved in the entertainment business so I can help you with your record label in future" Alexander explained patiently.

The Jīnxīng entertainment company which is under Lu's is already well established in the industry and it is also one of the major companies that has various bigshot celebrities signed under it.

Infact in the novel, the heroine also gets sighed by Jīnxīng later in the novel which brings the hero and the heroine closer because of their senior and subordinate relationship.

In the novel, the hero protects the heroine while she works in the industry and also punishes various canon fodders who come for Gina since she is a trouble magnet.

"I will think about it" Felicity nods. The help of Alexander will definately be needed in the future, keeping in mind how her record label will directly offend Temp O as soon as they commence their business.

'Never cut the tree if you crave mangoes in future'

After a few minutes of driving, the come to halt in the private parking of the venue. They were planning to use the secret lobby to avoid the paparazzi and photographers because Felicity did not want to pose for the cameras today.

Felicity used to open the door but Alexander stopped her.

"Wait" Alexander said and moved walked around the car.

He opened the car door on Felicity's side and held out his large hand for her like a gentleman.

Felicity nonchalantly held his rough and coloused hand that made her slender and soft hand look like a baby's hand.

Warmth and electricity travelled between their bodies as they held each others hands.

Felicity climbed off the car and removed her hand before placing it on his arm and they walked together into the venue looking like a pair of soulmates without even realising.

Both of them walked in nonchalance and ignorance, little did they know that today will be the day when things were going to drastically change.

Jīnxīng means golden star in Chinese.

Also, I will try to quickly update the next part by tomorrow.

Thank you for patiently waiting. I'll try to give my best and provide you with the 'banquet' chapters quickly.