96

"She wants you to come home for dinner," Alexander mumbled and help opened his drowsy eyes

"She wants you to come home for dinner," Alexander mumbled and help opened his drowsy eyes. The fingers brushed through his hair, scratching his scalp gently making him close his eyes back with a low groan.

"Me? Why?" Felicity did not look up from the book she was reading and asked nonchalantly.

Currently, they were in Felicity's apartment sitting on a couch. Felicity was sitting up straight and reading one of her favorite books while Alexander's head was resting on her lap as he lay down on the couch.

The reason for this special position was because today while they were hanging out together Alexander complained about his headache so Felicity just made him lie down and started to give his message. At first, Alexander felt strange and wanted to sit back up but as soon as her fingers touched his scalp, he lost all his strength to move.

She was able to calm him down like no one else. The more he
Stared at her, he couldn't believe how magnificent she was. Like a goddess, he wanted to kneel and place his head on her feet.

What would it feel like to wife this woman up and have her beside him for the rest of his life?

"It has been long and she misses you," he snapped back to reality and started.

"Umm-hmm I miss her too," Felicity nodded and turned the page. Alexander looked at her strangely and sat back up, finally making Felicity look away from her book.

"Set it aside," Alexander asked lowly but Felicity did not move. Seeing how she was being stubborn, Alexander sighed and held her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"What is it?" He asked softly as if he was coaxing a child.

"What?" Felicity wriggled out of his grip and scooted away from him. Alexander saw her little movements but decided to not say anything.

"What has been bothering you?" Alexander tried to coax her again.

"Nothing," Felicity tried to pick up her book again but it was snatched away by Alexander who placed it on the other side of the couch.

"What?" Felicity groaned with frustration. They both remained silent. Felicity was not ready to speak up about her feelings and Alexander was not willing to let it go either till she spoke.

"Can I ask you something?" After a few minutes, Felicity gave in.

"Yes," Alexander nodded and listened to her carefully while observing her expressions.

"Why do you let her stay around you?" Felicity's voice was filled with frustration and annoyance when she questioned him there was a hint of helplessness and a tinge of sadness too that was not very latent on the surface.

"Who?" Alexander however did not manage to notice the ups and downs in her voice and asked.

"Gina- Gina Chen," the words came out in a seething tone.

"The actress?" Alexander asked again in confusion.

"Yes the actress," Felicity concealed her anger and answered loudly.

"I already told you," the reply was short and honest. They have had this discussion before and the answer has not changed since. However, despite what Felicity wanted the answer to be, the shortness of it frustrated her even more but she remained calm on the surface.

"I will make something for us," seeing how she was satisfied with the answer, Alexander smiled and got up from his seat.

"What would you like?"

"Noodles," she followed him into the kitchen.

"Okay,"

Alexander quickly prepared some noodles and placed them in two porcelain bowls. He did not like noodles that much so he poured the majority of it for Felicity.

"Ohh right, should we have Kuazika perform in Wonderland Z?" Alexander proposed the idea to Felicity as he took his seat.

When she sat down to enjoy their meal together, Felicity was still lost in her thoughts acted carelessly. She gulped down upon a spoonful of broth without waiting for it to cool down, resulting in in burning her tongue.

"Sss-" The spoon fell out of her hands and was handed back into the bowl. Alexander quickly sprang on his two feet and tried to hold her face in his hands but Felicity who was overwhelmed with both external pain and internal aggression backed off narrowly.

"What is wrong with you," Alexander tried to hold her again but this time she just pushed him away with force.

"Why don't you have that bitch perform? From what I remember, she has a sickly sweet voice," Tears welled up in her eyes when the anger finally made its way into her voice. It wasn't as concealed as before but was now out for Alexander to witness and feel.

"I really don't understand why are you acting like this," Alexander whose eyes were on her hurt mouth couldn't control his frustration either. 'Why would she be so careless? She must be in pain,' his heart ached.

"What do you not understand!? She fucking did that to you in the hotel room and you act like nothing happened!? You've let her roam around freely in your company as a signed artist! You are paving the way for her to become popular and successful! Tell me honestly Alexander! Are you in love with her or something?" Finally, the dam broke and emotion came flooding with water. The emotions were so intense that neither Felicity could comprehend what she was feeling in the moment, nor Alexander could understand what she meant.

"What?" He stood in a daze as his brain processed everything she just said. But when he did, it was too late because she was already making her way out.

"Felicity? Hey, listen!" Alexander tried to stop her from leaving and tried to follow.

"Don't follow me," but her voice was strong, clear and firm. It made him stop in his track involuntarily.

All he could do was stand there with his hands tightly clenched into fists and watch her leave.

From behind her.

It was like deja vu.

The first sem is over

The first sem is over. Went fine. Now I'm back! Thanks for waiting!!!! I love you💕