107

"We're here," Felicity felt the car come to a halt and looked at the signboard to figure out where they have come from

"We're here," Felicity felt the car come to a halt and looked at the signboard to figure out where they have come from. As soon as she read the signboard saying graveyard, she decided to keep mum and just observed Alexander get out of the car and open the door for her like a gentleman.

"hmm-mhm," Felicity took his hand and got out of the car. Since Alexander had not told her anything previously about where they were going, she was just dressed casually in a white hoodie and blue jeans while Alexander had a black shirt on with a pair of black slacks.

Felicity decided to not say anything or inquire any more, she just followed behind Alexander closely.

This was not a public graveyard. It was near a beautiful pond, enclosed within huge walls. There was a handful of graves there, not a lot and each grave had the surname Lu. As the sun went down, an orange tint took over the sky, everything looked so beautiful in this graveyard that for a moment Felicity wondered how good it would be to be buried there.

Flashbacks of bloody stairs came to her mind and she quickly shook her thoughts away.

They walked together to a grave in the leftmost corner, the stone read 'Abigail Lu'.

"Aunt, hope you're at peace," Alexander paused before the grave and knelt before it on his knees and head bowed down.

"Atlas's mom?" Felicity couldn't help but ask. After that dinner, her mom told her about Atlas. Atlas's mom was Garrett Lu's younger sister.

Back in the days when Alexander's grandfather was the head of the Lu family, things were particularly difficult. He was very strict and the rules Garrett and Abigail had to follow, were nerve-wracking. It was just like life in imperial palaces back in ancient times, full of restrictions. Abigail felt caged so she left the country just after school and settled abroad. There she got pregnant with Atlas out of wedlock and came back with a huge belly.

Old man Lu threw a huge fit but in the end, took Abigail back in. Abigail was taken care of till she gave birth to Atlas. But heaven was not fair, when Atlas reached the age of seven, Abigail died from illness.

"Yeah," Alexander nodded his head solemnly and asked her to stand beside him. Felicity followed through and knelt beside Alexander, paying her respect to the unfortunate woman.

"Atlas has finally rejoined us after years, I'm sorry no matter how much I tried, I couldn't keep him sheltered. I had promised you that I will protect him from the cruelty of this world, I do not know how much I've succeeded but I'll always try." Alexander carried on.

"Mom and Dad really miss you, aunt, I do too, and so does Atlas," Alexander's ear turned red. He was trying his best to not break down, yet he did not hide it from her. He was expressing, Felicity felt proud that he has now become a man who does not hide his emotions to look tough and cold.

"He might still be angry at you for leaving but he'll always love and care for you," Minutes passed. Alexander this whole time, knelt in front of the grave and exposed his vulnerability to Felicity. Seeing him like this, made her heart hurt but at the same time she felt closer to him.

After they were done, that word silently towards the car before Alexander broke the silence.

"Would you like to go with me to my grandfather's birthday banquet?" he asked.

"They're here in S city?" Felicity turned towards him surprised. She knew about his grandparents. The tough old couple who were a big part of Arc Three of the original novel. They tried their best two separate Gina and Alexander, they, in fact, hated Gina the most. They didn't like that an actress was going to be a part of the Lu's and became a huge stumbling block for Gina's happiness.

"No they'll come here soon though, they recently received the news that Atlas come back so they're coming here" Alexander answered. This was different from the novel. In the novel, they came back when they heard about the engagement between Gina and Alexander. This time they were coming back for Atlas.

"I thought they had left the city for good, they didn't wanna be a part of this rush anymore, did they not say that they wouldn't re-enter the business world anymore?" this was true. When old man Lu retired, he left the city because 'he wanted to be away from the buzz of this business world and wanted to live the rest of his life in the fresh air of countryside'. So they left the city and moved to their villa in a distant village.

"It's just for a short while I think but my grandfather has a mind of his own and he listens to no one," Alexander opened the car door for Felicity and closed it after she had claimed into the car. He then circled around the car and got into the driver's seat.

"I'll join you," Felicity answered before the car started. Alexander's eyes gleamed with happiness as a thousand stars sparked in his eyes. The essence of love and the melody of yearning for someone formed a perfect balance in his heart.

Felicity thought back at the last banquet she attended. That banquet forever changed the course of the story. It was a time-turning moment that led to a series of events, that in turn led to this very moment.

Her heart shivered with anxiety as she thought of all the things that have changed ever since. She was not ready to lose anything. She won't.