35

After the dinner ended, everyone went their own way.

Jones went back to their villa, Felicity, Ava, and Davis went to their own apartments and the Lin's went to their own respective rooms.

The dining table was cleaned up by the servants and the lights in the mansion where Lin's lived were turned off.

It was 30 minutes past 11 and everyone was fast asleep in the Lins mention.

Except for one certain room that was still brightly lit and a certain someone was sitting in front of her study desk while typing random codes.

If a capable person was sitting beside her, they would have known that she was currently in the deepest and most hidden world.

Fiona was known for her academic talent. She was always the type of girl your parents should compare you to when it comes to studies.

She had always been a smart and mysterious young girl.

However, she did not like playing piano and going shopping with her friends.

Neither did father and mother Lin ever forced their children to do something.

Her older brother was smart as well, he was clever and he was a perfect young master with business talent, who could play piano and had an elegant personality.

Her older sister was very extroverted from the very beginning. She was always bold and confident despite being mediocre in her studies.

And she was an anti-social bookwork. Her curiosity about everything eventually lead her to the vast world behind the computer screens.

She started learning hacking through some online courses first and then eventually through the guidance of her mentor.

She found out that she was indeed very talented in coding and hacking.

It would give her a thrill, anticipation, and a feeling of power.

Which she enjoyed.

When they said knowledge and information is the mightiest weapon, it was for real.

After some time she even started taking hacking jobs through the dark web and started participating in hacking contests.

However, she made sure that everything she did was safe and legal.

...Sometimes it was not.

But she made sure it was not harmful to anyone.

With time, hacker 'Agate' became a well-known figure in the hacking world.

Agate was known to be a rampant, mischievous and talented hacker, but nobody knew who he/she was and from where he/she came from.

Fiona was currently browsing through tons of unknown and hidden information when she noticed that someone was trying to hack into her system.

Her eyes turned mischievous yet competitive and her single step started dancing around on the keyboard in a fluid motion.

She started immediately counter-attacking and defending her system.

After about 20 minutes when a series of codes were typed by both parties, the screen went silent and void.

A message appeared on it.

'Are you Agate?' - Q?

With a calm composure, Fiona started typing back.

'You got it right!' -A.

'Indeed very capable. Just like the rumors said' -Q.

'Are you here to check it for yourself?'- A.

'No. I have a job for you, to try and hack into our program 'Q-cloud'. 30 million.'- Q.

Suddenly Fiona snorted.

'what is it?'- A.

'Let me introduce myself first. I am a representative from Qin Industries'- Q.

Fiona raised her eyebrow.

Qin industries were a pretty big multinational conglomerate. They were involved in the manufacturing of mobile and computers and also involved in apps and internet securities.

They were very well known in domestic and international markets. They are even one of the top industries in China and a household name.

However, even after that, it was quite well known that they had some connections in the Underworld.

They were not directly involved in shady business or illegal work but it was said that their CEO Roman Qin had a few contacts with people who were involved in shady business.

But since the company was considered clean, it was not unsafe since her identity was not disclosed.

However...

'What a bummer, I don't lack money'- A.

After a few seconds, a reply came from the other side.

'Then What do you want?'-Q.

'I heard Qins have already done a trial run on the new version of the game 'Zion's redemption and it is going to be released after 3 months?'- A.

'Yes'-Q.

'I want to be on the list of the people who are getting to play the game in advance to give feedback'-A.

'....Is that it!?'- Q?

'...yes!'- A.

On the other side of the screen, a young man in his early twenties sat in front of his laptop.

He had a very exquisite face that gives off a fresh feeling, yet the aura surrounding this person dark and mysterious.

He had pale skin that was cold like jade and he wore a black bathrobe.

His shiny black hair was wet and sticking on his forehead like a majestic crown.

He had a teardrop mole on the right side of his face that was adorned with high cheekbones and a sharp nose.

His lips were curved into a dangerous and meaningful smirk.

While his jade-like slender fingers were fiddling on top of the keyboard of his laptop.

After a while, he picked up his phone and dialed the number of his assistant.

On the other side, a male who seemed to be in his thirties spoke a little greeting.

"Yes boss," the tone was subordinate.

"Prepare the trial version of the new game and also send thirty million to this account" The man's voice was crisp, hoarse, and seductive.

So I guess I made a mistake. This is not the last chapter of the first arc.

I am going to release another chapter in a few days and after that, we will come and our 2nd arc.

I hope you all liked it!!

V.