65

After the short trip to the Bahamas, Felicity was getting back to her previous schedule that was sketched around going to college, work, writing, family, and now also Ryan Cheng

Ryan and Felicity, both went on a few more dates as well. One was an old-style Japanese restaurant, one at a horse riding venue and even one movie date at Felicity's apartment.

As expected, both got along pretty well. They had a sort of harmony and the atmosphere between both of them was always comfortable. Ryan Cheng was more of a mature and calm individual while Felicity was bolder and livelier. They balanced out each other.

Currently, Felicity was visiting Ryan in his hospital and they were both sitting in his office, chatting away and feasting on the snacks Felicity brought on the way.

"Ohh and I bought this for you," Felicity picked up a bag from beside her and took out a box with a bow on it. Ryan looked at her with a smile and took the box from her. He opened it and it was a glass cuboid with sand at the bottom, transparent fluid above it and then a boat floating on top of it. Ryan turned the cuboid upside down, making the sand move to the bottom and the cuboid went to its previous state.

"It's beautiful," the transparent liquid was a bit blueish, making it appear very peaceful. It made him calm beyond words.

"I feel relaxed by just looking at it," he added.

"Uhuh, I thought it would be a perfect gift for you," knowing he is always busy and on his toes, she thought that this might be a perfect gift for him.

"You're thoughtful...  and beautiful... and gorgeous and kind and sweet and breathtaking-" Ryan took this chance to flirt with Felicity and kept piling up compliments after compliments.

"Okay! I know I know, I am invincible, thank you very much," Felicity chuckled and put the bag on her side.

"You are infinity and beyond," Ryan persisted on teasing her more and more.

"And you are light years away from what we were discussing originally," she used her knuckles to lightly tap on his forehead and withdrew her hand after fixing his slightly messy hair.

"How have you been these few days? Not too well I hope since I wasn't here and you must be miserable missing me," Felicity spoke once again and wink.

"Well you got it right, I was indeed miserable these days because I missed you too much. You haven't noticed? I have lost a few pounds and I even have huge dark circles under my eyes because I was so miserable," he put his hands on his chest as if his heart was aching and laughed. Ryan was in a different mood than what he was usually in and it was probably because he was seeing Felicity after a few days of her being gone.

"Ohh poor you," Felicity cooed, they chatted for a while before somebody came knocking in and told Ryan that there was an emergency in room number 5 and they needed Ryan to check the patient.

"Excuse me, I'll be back in a bit," Ryan said and left.

After minutes of him leaving, Felicity stood up from her chair and went towards the bookshelf in the corner of the room because something on that bookshelf caught her eye.

She reached out towards the bookshelf and tried to grab the book however she couldn't reach it. She stood on her tiptoes and reached out her hand as far as she could but the bookshelf was taller than she expected and she couldn't reach the book.

Just then, a hand from behind her grabbed the book, startling Felicity. She turned only to meet with Ryan's chest which was covered in a white coat.

"Ohh sorry!" Felicity quickly took a step back and apologized for intruding on his privacy.

"It's okay," Ryan smiled and slowly handed her the book.

"You have good taste in books," once Felicity got hold of the book, she read its cover and confirmed her guess that it was her recent novel 'vagabond of Downtown neighborhood'.

"I also have good taste in women," Ryan smiled and took a step back as well.

"You sure do," Felicity smirked, went back to her seat and sat down all while still flipping through the book and reading his side notes.

"Umm- so- I actually wanted to ask you something," Ryan walked and stood behind her then he leaned on her with his hands on the table

"Yes, what is it?" Felicity gulped. When he went down a bit of his neckline was visible and it was so smooth that Felicity wanted to leave her marks on it.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" Ryan asked slowly making sure to pronounce everything clearly.

"Sure," Felicity pretended to think and answered after a pause.

Seeing her pausing before answering, even though Ryan knew it was a joke, he picked up the stethoscope from his table and made her wear It. Then, he grabbed its end and put it on the left side of his chest, where his heart is supposed to be.

There was a faint sound on the other side and as the Stethoscope moved towards his heart, the sound grew louder. She quickly realise that it was the pounding of his heart but it sounded a bit abnormal it was unusually fast. Realizing something, she looked up at his face and blushed.

"Your heart isn't the only one that acts like that when you see me," Ryan bent down and whispered near her ear.

"Mine does too," he added.

"Sssss- you noticed that time?" She groaned in embarrassment.

"Pfft- yes I did," it was now his turn to use his knuckles and tap on her forehead.

"Would you like to go on a date tonight? At this Japanese restaurant, I discovered?" Ryan asked. It was the same restaurant they went to, during their second date and heartily enjoyed the food.

"Sure boyfriend,"

"Then let's go, girlfriend,"