109

"Grandfather, grandma, this is Felicity Lin," Felicity held onto Alexander's hands and strode towards his grandparents who were standing beside Garrett and Seinna Lu

Everyone in the banquet was staring at Felicity and Alexander. Their eyes were awestruck as they watched their joint hands, it was their first time seeing Alexander hold a woman's hand. Even his gaze upon her was so tender that it made everyone freeze with shock.

The Lins and Jones were already there at the banquet but were currently socializing with others.

"Ahh the Lin's daughter, yes, I remember," Old man Lu looked turned his gaze towards Felicity as he scrutinized her with his narrow slits.

His aura was so heavy, even heavier than Alexander's, so much so that Felicity felt the air around her freeze. She wanted to dig a hole and hide in but she decided to persevere for a good foray impression.

"She used to follow you everywhere, calling you gege," Grandma Lu looked at Felicity lovingly, she still remembered the cute little girl who used to run around in the garden. Ohh how time pass.

"Yes, she was as small as my palm," Grandfather Lu, once done with his scrutiny, chuckled.

"Do you still like reading princess fairytales now?" he asked with a spark of challenge in his eyes. The spark threw Felicity off guard, she quickly got a hold of herself and answered.

"No, now I like writing fairytales, just with a hint of profoundness and intellectual labyrinth," she wasn't really confident but pulled a confident look on her face as she spoke.

"Hahaha, still as cheeky as ever," Mr. Lu chuckled.

"You know, I've read a few of your works, I wonder what inspires you to write such marvelous pieces," Mr. Lu continued.

"An inspiration to an author is like a lover to a romancist. It comes without my intimation or sign but once you see it, it's too hard to get it off your mind. The only way to do so is to put it down into papers," her tone was humble but she did not downplay her achievements. Her tone wasn't arrogant but sincere. It came from her heart, in every word she spoke, she felt it.

Old Mr. Lu stared at her for a minute before a loud thunderous laughter filled the air along with his cheerful nods. He was satisfied with the answer.

Felicity took a sigh of relief realizing that she has passed the stone wall to old Mr. Lu's heart.

The wrinkles on old Mr. Lu's forehead disappeared quickly and he leaned towards Felicity.

"I heard you've started your own record label," he asked in a hushed tone. He knew all about what was going on in the business world despite being away from the city. So it was not a surprise that he knew about Felicity's record label and the circumstances surrounding it.

"Yes Grandpa," Felicity replied in the same tone. She felt a certain closeness to Grandpa. She observed old man Lu and once she felt that he was fine with what she has called him, she smiled.

"Ask Alexander for any help, You punk, help her," Grandfather Lu loudly ordered Alexander. One could see that he treated Alexander roughly but not in the wrong way.

"I'm ready to help but she never asks for it," Alexander shrugged and spoke helplessly. His words also contained a hint of gloating.

'Look at my girl, she's building her own business by herself!'

"It's because she doesn't need you, my boy," Grandma Lu joined in on the fun.

"You have a long way to go," Garrett Lu spoke making everyone go into a synchronized fit of laughter.

"hahaha," the atmosphere was extremely cheerful grabbing the attention of the onlookers.

Right now, at this moment, everyone's eyes were on the Lu's and Felicity Lin who looked like one of them. They felt like they were looking at one big happy family. This made everyone's heart fill with either earnest admiration or envy depending on their own interest.

"Do you think they might possibly get engaged very soon?" one onlooker asked the other loudly.

"It does feel like it," whispers were heard through the banquet hall.

"It's my first time seeing the old master Lu laugh," Someone noted loudly. This statement was true.

"We must make sure to get close to her," everyone unanimously thought.

The banquet went on and this time the center of attention was Kiazika who stood beside the orchestra, performing an original song that was prepared for this particular occasion.

Kiazika's name was the current buzz among the artists. Not only was she a singer with hit songs but she was also one of the most praised voices in the industry.

The critiques were scrutinizing her songs and commending her unique voice, The Veterans were praising her talent and many well-known people were scrambling to have her perform on private occasions.

She wasn't just famous because she made a few catchy hits but because everyone recognized her innate talent and her once in a lifetime voice.

"And it's not every day you get to live in this moment,
Brighter than the morning sky,
We will shine together and make the bleakness fade,
Maybe that's why you and I,

We're here for a blooming season,
I'll hold you as we stay,
Like this, under this, while this,
Till the pink cherry blossoms turn gray.

"Wow," the audience was left speechless by her performance.

"It was mesmerizing no?" One man asked his partner.

"Isn't she the newcomer who is extremely popular?" the woman nodded enthusiastically and rubbed the goosebumps on her arms.

"Her songs are topping charts like no other," the man continued chuckling at his lover's actions.

"She overcame that disastrous time and rose up like a Phoenix again, her record label works harder than the devil," the woman smiled and said in a low voice. She was not the only one who was this impressed by Kiazika. Many others also had goosebumps as they heard her sing.

"The CEO of that label is currently someone named Helena Gu, however everyone in the inner circle knows that the real person behind it is someone else," the man nodded. Not knowing that the person behind them was eavesdropping their conversation as he stared at Kiazika. He proceeded to rub his beard and nodded thoughtfully.

The banquet continued with a bright atmosphere.

We're 4k away from 1m. This is too fast😭 I'm so thankful y'all. I love you!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!! 😭😭😭💕💕💜💜💜🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋✨