87

"You've arrived," Roman looked up from the phone that he held in his hands

"You've arrived," Roman looked up from the phone that he held in his hands. Gina walked towards him with a sweet smile on her face and a royal blue dress on her body. Her dress made her appear slender yet it still accentuated her curves.

Her dainty shoulders were glowing gold under the bright light of the restaurant and it gave a sexy tinge to her look.

"Yes, I'm sorry for making you wait," Gina apologized softly and sat down in front of Roman.

"It's alright, I don't mind," Roman smiled softly in return.

"So how have you been?" Roman asked.

"Good," Gina gave him a half smile. Her small frame hunched forward a little while her proud shoulders dropped down.

"Is it too tough?" Looking at her like this, Roman immediately understood the situation.

Some time ago Gina got entangled with that big controversy of another artist. Some backstage guy spilled a behind the scene gossip about Gina on an online forum. The guy revealed that Gina was the one who pressured the director of the show to remove the new artist's track from the show.

Once the information was leaked, started receiving backlash from netizens however her team along with Qin's PR team rushed and quickly got rid of the traces before the issue could get any bigger.

Roman looked at Gina, the makeup under her eyes looked like it was heavy, he knew it was done to hide the dark circles under her eyes. He sympathized with her. He knew how protective Gina felt over her career, she could never do anything to harm her image. She was also stubborn about her morals, so when she found out about the other singer's autotune allegations, she assertively did what she thought was right but despite having a soft spot for Gina, he couldn't deny that her actions could have hurt the other party's case with the ongoing allegations.

"How is it my fault? It's just that I did not expect it to turn out like that. Who would have thought that Jennifer Wang was like that and that newcomer was the innocent one," Gina groaned and sipped on the glass of sparkling water in front of her. Seeing Gina make an excuse instead of seeing where she was wrong, irked Roman. Roman hates this tendency in humans. The tendency of making excuses for their wrongdoings instead of just admitting their wrongs.

"She came into the industry around the same time as you did," He couldn't help but comment in a low voice but still Gina heard it and the conversation between them turned into an awkward silence.

"Yeah...I thought I was doing the right thing. I have to make choices even though they're hard right? I couldn't have sabotaged my career because of her," Gina cleared her throat and continued.

"Yes," Roman felt bad for saying his comment out loud.

"I don't know who leaked it."

"You're famous now, you have a lot of enemies," Roman spoke thoughtfully. He thought back at all the enemies Gina had made during her entire career. The number was not small at all. Her stubborn morals, her uncompromising attitude, and her quick success were very eye-catching and made one feel like grit in the eye.

"But I never try to hurt anyone, why do they hate me," tears welled up in her eyes. She was pitiful, she started out poor, and parentless and had to go through so many hardships to get to where she is today and yet still people were eager to pull her down.

"Your PR handled it well," Roman softly tried to comfort Gina and patted the back of her hand.

"The issue was gone before it could get bigger," he added.

"Yeah" after a while, she calmed down.

"So how was the shoot today?" Roman tried to change the subject.

"Awesome," sure enough, when the topic was changed to the talk about her job and passion, Gina grew back to being cheerful.

They talked for a long time until Gina got a call, she excused herself and Roman escorted her to her car in the VIP private parking lot. Only after making sure she was comfortably seated in her car did leave towards his own.

unbeknownst to them, their little rendezvous was captured on a young girl's phone sneakily. The young girl quickly drafted a message to her older sister and attached those with to it.

Isn't this that Gina girl who tried to sabotage your artist? Want some mud on her?

Soon enough, Felicity received a text on her phone in the middle of her work. She picked up the phone casually and glanced through a series of pictures of two people having dinner together, her face did not show any signs of surprise.

'Yeah that is Roman Qin,' she typed back after going through all the pictures.

'Roman Qin?' Fiona questioned.

'Heir of Qins'

'Qins who are into security and software business?'

'Yeah' Felicity replied.

'Ohh'

Fiona stared at the series of messages with a serious expression on her young face. She then gestured at her friend to start the car and they left the parking lot.

'So this guy is somewhat connected to my friend hacker Q?' Fiona made a mental note of searching Roman Qin's data as she leaned back into the passenger seat.

Hii guys. I've been busy with my university stuff and haven't been able to meet the commitments I made to you all lately. 
So, I've made a little change in the updates schedule and changed it to two updates a week on Mondays and Thursdays. I will go back to my old schedule once I get a hold of my new routine.