102

"You know I'm not good at this," Felicity groaned and threw her head back

"You know I'm not good at this," Felicity groaned and threw her head back. Her fingertips tapped against the tabletop rhythmically.

"At what?" Alexander looked at her in confusion. His gaze, soft as a petal lingered on her slender neck for a longer time. Currently, they were both at Felicity's apartment. After the news of Gina joining Temp'O, Alexander started paying more attention to Felicity's business training. Earlier they would meet once in a few days and Alexander would personally guide her but now they were meeting every single day for at least six hours and during these six hours, he would teach her everything he knew.

"Studying," Felicity looked at him with a little anger. Her fiery eyeballs glared at him intensely and the bright lights reflected in her big black orbs, giving them a moist appearance.

Alexander looked at her staring at him like that. Her limpid eyes sent shivers to his body and a warm feeling rose in his heart. Every time his heart flutters in her presence, it's like a reminder of him being alive. How long had it been since he felt alive?

Alexander always had a purpose. First, it was to study hard and learn business then it was to work hard and lead Lu's group of companies but somewhere on the way, it felt like his happiness was long lost. He was living but it didn't feel alive. He had everything in his grasp yet it felt like a predetermined game of chess that he was playing by himself.

However, ever since he fell for her, his life changed. It was like he had a different purpose, he had gained an opponent. He doesn't know whether he'll win or lose but he wants to keep playing.

He wanted to lose the game to her.

"This is important for you," snapping out of his thoughts Alexander replied.

"What am I going to do with this? I don't even play chess...and this? War tactics, really?" Felicity waved two thick books in front of her. One was Chess strategies and the other was on war tactics. Both books her written by geniuses in their old fields and both go in-depth with all the ways you can win in a game of chess and war.

"You should learn about strategies and tactics," Alexander crossed his hands over his chest and denied firmly.

His actions led to his upper arms muscles flexing and becoming apparent through the thin white shirt.
Felicity stared at his biceps, they were perfectly shaped. His arms which were visible through the rolled-up shirt were veiny and tanned. He had a few rings on his fingers and the way they settled on his knuckles looked so enticing that she felt her throat drying. She wondered how his hands would feel wrapped around her...

'What is wrong with you?'

'Why are you having such thoughts all of a sudden'

Felicity mentally slapped herself.

"This much...," As she spoke, her voice cracked horribly because of her dry mouth, "This much bulk reading is useless," Felicity coughed with embarrassment before continuing.

"It's just not reading, I'll teach you and we'll do practical training as well," Alexander leaned on the table beside her and touched the top of her head in a pampering gesture.

"We're going to play chess?" Felicity was confused however her questions made Alexander snort out a laughter.

"No, we'll apply these tactics in business," a charming smile came over his devilishly handsome face.

Hours passed by and Felicity begrudgingly learned everything that Alexander poured into her head. When her brain felt like it would burst from any more information being thrust into it, she fell asleep over the table top.

Alexander stared at the back of her head with a pair of eyes that were dripping honey from them. He gently took away the book from under her palm and kept it on the side. Then he proceeded to scoot her up caringly and walked to her room.

He placed her on her bed before turning the AC to her usual likeness.

'You even know how cold she likes her room to be, you're a goner'

He stared at the girl who was snuggling into the cover, oh what he would give to get under the covers beside her.

"All I want is for you to stay safe. No matter what happens or what they do, I don't want you to be in any danger because of me Felicity," Alexander sat on the edge of the bed and whispered softly. His voice held pain and concern as if he was deeply worried.

It took everything in him to leave her room but he decided to just sleep in her guest room since it was late into the night and frankly, he did not want to sleep anywhere but near her.

It brought peace to his heart knowing she was in the same space as him.

Once he left, Felicity slowly opened her eyes.

'Who suddenly falls asleep while reading?' She thought to herself and thought about how badly she wanted to escape from that tiring lesson.

'He's gullible for sure when it comes to me,' she thought and her eyes stared at the AC that showed a temperature setting of exactly 21 degree Celsius. 'Also very caring.'

But suddenly her eyebrows furrowed as she thought about what he was mumbling. He was whispering so lowly she couldn't coherently make out what he was saying but it was something about keeping her safe.

What she did not know was that Alexander was not gullible, he just played along since she was really tired.