114

"You seriously just ran away?" Ava froze midway as she was about to put her ramen into her mouth

"You seriously just ran away?" Ava froze midway as she was about to put her ramen into her mouth. She looked at Felicity with her mouth agape and shock in her eyes.

"I got scared," Felicity spoke with a cheeks bright red.

"Why!?" Ava was visibly frustrated and her voice kept getting a pitch higher. She could not believe that Felicity just abandoned that guy in the parking lot and run away after almost making out with him. She had witnessed the way their relationship had grown over this last year so she couldn't help but feel sorry for Alexander.

"I think I like him too," Felicity spoke in an almost inaudible voice.

"Isn't that best? Alex reciprocates your feelings too," but Ava heard her and she wasn't even the least bit surprised.

"How do you know?" Felicity and it only made ever look at her in bewilderment.

"Everybody knows, everyone can see it but you, me, and Davis even bet on how long time it would take for you both to get together. Looks like he won since I bet on you both being denser than you already are," Ava replied however she was still sure that this girl was denser than the atoms in a solid matter.

"I thought it would take you a few more months to figure it out," she continued with a shrug.

"First of all, fuck you! Why would you bet on something like that and second of all, I will go reject Alex," Felicity said with a hint of grief in her voice.

"What! Why?"

"I can't be with him?" anyone who could see her would say that the girl was probably dying on the inside while making these statements. She did not really want to reject him instead she wanted to run back into his arms but they just weren't meant to be. She wanted to spare herself another heartbreak.

"Why!?!?" Ava stood sharply making the chair fall backwards with a loud thud. But she didn't even look back to check on it. She was so focused on what Felicity had just said.

"See, Alexander Lu and I won't get along! He is bossy and I don't want to be controlled, His personality will clash with mine and we won't be able to stay together," Felicity had lived in this world for more than a year but she could not let go of what she had read in the book about him. She could not go past the image that was engraved in her mind. Alexander, while being in a relationship with Gina was one of the most horrible boyfriends she had ever read about. Everything he did just oozed toxicity, and what guaranteed that he will be any different to her than he was to Gina.

"Are you kidding me? Who put that in your head? I know your initial encounter with him was kinda bitter but that man has changed. He might be all mighty but he's ready to kneel for you! He cherished you, respects you, heck! The guy is in love for fucks sake! What's about all this prejudice?" Ava could not wrap her head around what Felicity was saying. Admittedly,  she too was acting kinda similar to her when Felix was chasing her but this was different. Alexander had changed so much and was such a sweetheart to her.

The man would kiss the floor she walked on, would go to any lengths for her, and worshipped her like his life grace. But everyone could see it except her? And why did she think the way she did?

"I-," Felicity pause mid-sentence and had nothing to say when she realized that her statements were just the extract of what she had read in the book but the Alexander in front of her  currently was the complete opposite of what she had read. Yet she was making assumptions based on the plot.

"Do you like him or not?" Ava spoke in a serious tone. She wanted the best for her friend no matter what she decided.

"But-"

"Yes or no?"

"Yes," Felicity sighed. Her heart thumped when she thought of him and the way he would look at her, smile at her and care for her.

"Then give him a chance! And erase whatever assumptions you have, you won't know unless you try," starting with a fresh slate was the best she could advise. The rest depended on Felicity. 

"He likes me too?" Felicity looked up at Ava who was still standing, with hesitation in her voice.

"I think it might be more than like from my side," After a minute of f staying silent, Felicity softly admitted to her feelings.

Ava was right, she was making assumptions and being prejudicial against Alexander. He had changed a lot since she first met him, it's like his emotional quotient has immensely grown over time and he was a more sensitive person now, at least to her. It would be unfair to not give him a chance. Unfair to him. Unfair to them.

"I'll go talk to him, you're right! We deserve a chance," Felicity too stood up sharply, making the chair fly behind her and fall on the floor with a loud thud. She nodded and left Ava's apartment.

Ava stood there staring at the two chairs on the ground. Half helplessly, half impressed.

On the other side of the city, however, someone had crossed the line of sanity. They were on the verge of losing it.

Or they had already lost it? A long time ago?

"Got it, please get the job done neatly," Gina spoke. She was dressed in a white dress. Her ghostly pale face and red eyes looked nothing like the A list award winning actress people knew her as.

She reeked of alcohol and her hands tightly held a phone beside her ear.

"You shouldn't worry about that," the man on the other side chuckled. He had been in the underworld for years now, his job was always clean.

He was the same guy that worked for Roman and had supplied Gina with the information about RED Entertainment. The man was a little stumped when he heard Gina's request but he had to follow through since this was the woman his bug boss liked and had asked him to take care of back then.

But he still thought that once he'll talk to Roman about the nature of the job, Miss Gina had asked him to do. He only hoped Mr. Roman was aware.

He couldn't wrap his head around what Gina had requested of him. He always thought of her as a pure and naive woman who was unaware of the ways of this world but it was at this moment when he truly realized that no one on this earth was truly pure.

Once the call was cut, Gina threw her phone toward the mirror, making it shatter on impact. A glass shard hit her hand and blood started leaking from the wound. But she was so out of it that she didn't even notice.

"Felicity Lu!!!! How dare you! How can you have him? He should be mine good dammit, why you?" Gina cursed.

"Hahhhhaah- don't blame me too much, you pushed me to do this," She truly looked like a crazy woman. She was beautifully haunting. Her enchanting appearance was, however, no longer harmless.

"There's no return, Gina, now you must not look back," She spoke starting at her appearance in the shattered mirror.