84

"This year's revenue seemed to have surpassed last two years

"This year's revenue seemed to have surpassed last two years...." A senior officer of Lu conglomerate reported to a room full of directors and other senior employees. There was currently a full-blown meeting they were having at the branch office and everyone was focused on the presentation being given by Senior officer Ceng.

Suddenly a phone ring was heard in the middle of the presentation, interrupting everyone.

Alexander's who was sitting in the front middle chair slowly reached out for his phone in his pocket. The phone was on do not disturb mode but there was one caller who was an exception.

"Hello?" Alexander answered the call ignoring the gossiping eyes of everyone in the conference room.

"Alex" on the other side he heard a small voice through a series of sniffles,
A little shocked and concerned and then he answered.

"Yes," after a little pause, he spoke, and as soon as he did, he heard another set of sniffles and shivering breaths on the other side full song without any second thought Alexander just stood up from his chair and left the room.

Everyone in the room looked at him with shocked looks but no one tried to stop him as he hurriedly walked out. Only his assistant followed after him.

"What happened?" His voice was shaky and it was evident that he was panicked.

"Why did he-" Felicity tried to form coherent sentences but she failed miserably.

"What?" Alexander asked a little loudly, he was by now in the lift, walking out of the headquarters.
His assistant who tried to follow him in order to convince him to stop, have up midway and went back to handle the unfinished meeting.

"Ryan...he.." Felicity tried again.

"Okay call down calm down where see you?" He got into his car and excited the parking lot.

"Outside this cafe...Brown Latte Cafe," Felicity after leaving the City Hospital tried to drive back to her Apartment complex but could not hold on so she turned and stopped her car in the parking space in front of a coffee shop.

"Ok just wait I'll be there in a minute," Alexander promised and drive into the night.

After about two dozen minutes, he pulled up to the parking space in front of the cafe and got out of his car. He walked around and found Felicity's car at the other end of the parking space so he jogged up to her car. He peered in through the glasses and found her sitting in the driving seat with her face stained with tears and her mascara all over her cheeks.

"Felicity?" Alexander's hand shook and he just open the passenger door and sat on the front passenger seat

"What is going on?" Before he could say anything else Felicity through herself in his arms and started crying loudly.

The next half an hour was spent on Alexander trying to come her down and her explaining to him what happened between her and Ryan.

Currently, they were on their way back to Felicity's apartment building. Because Felicity was not in the situation to drive, Alexander took over and drove. The ride back was very silent as none of them said a word.

"Alexander you are not going to do anything," Felicity spoke, staring intensely at Alexander's hands that were clutching the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles had turned white and veins were popping up on them.

"Alex," she tried to grab his attention. Because she had read the book previously she knew what type of person he was and what lengths he would go to protect his people. Right now, she was someone important to him so she knew that Alexander might do something to people who have harmed her.

"Define anything," Alexander spoke calmly yet there was an edge to his voice.

"Anything against Ryan," Felicity tried to put it into a more precise sentence.

"Alex," seeing that he did not answer her or responded she pressed.

"Why do you still want to protect him?" He snapped at her pestering.

"It's not about protecting him, I would have asked you to hurt him if I were being impulsive but the thing is...I'm not thinking straight Alex and I don't wanna do anything that I might regret," Felicity explained. She knew right now that she was not in the right mind to think about right or wrong however she did not want to take things too far or do anything she might regret later. It's all that mattered.

"We'll talk about this later," Alexander sighed and kept driving. Even though nothing was said between them it still does not feel awkward instead it felt comforting.

"Yes please,"

After they went back, Alexander cooked for Felicity while she watched him cook and eat with him. Alexander did not say anything it looked like he was in a conflict with himself about what to say or what not to say because this was his first time dealing with such a situation yet his little actions showed how much he cared.

While they eat together they discussed a little about a business only because Felicity stressed that there was something she wanted to discuss with him.

"We are going to disclose the fact that Gina wanted the director of the show 'yearning for love' to disassociate from Kiazika. It might harm her, she's bringing in profit for Jinxing," she observed his expressions as he heard her speak. His expression did not change and there was some nonchalance in his gaze.

"Do what you want," he spoke shortly.

After the dinner, he did not even leave her alone for a single moment. Toward the end, he even went to the lengths of tucking her in her bed.

Felicity lay on her bed, gazing at him turning off the light for her and she spoke in a little voice

"Please don't leave, I'm scared of being alone when I'll wake up."

"Yes," Alexander nodded and just slept that night in the guest bedroom.

In his branch office, however, his assistant was finalizing some documents with a pissed look.

The comments on the last chapter were very endearing. Thank you so much, everyone. Also, can I just say that one reader who had guessed that Xia girl had something to do with the whole thing was spot on. You smarty pants!