12

Under the bright neon flickering lights, a woman stuttered in her silver heels towards the direction of drinks corner

Felicity took a seat beside Ava and ordered for a fruit punch.

Ava who was busy sipping on her martini glanced at the tall girl who took a seat beside her only to find out it was the shameless girl from college, Felicity Lin.

Ava took in the stunning woman beside her and whistled lowly.

"What are you doing here?" Ava asked.

"Delivering babies on the dance floor." Felicity replied with a straight face and Ava who was sipping on her drink suddenly started choking on martini.

After a few seconds of calming herself, Ava couldn't help but shout. "Can you think about anything else other than conceiving, making and delivering babies, you horney dog".

This sentence captured the attention of the bartender who was making drinks as he stared a the two girls wierdly.

After a few minutes of awkward and skin crawling silence Felicity cleared her throat and asked "What are you doing here?".

"I'm DJing today" Ava muttered lowly.

"I heard you. It was good. Is that your hobby?" Felicity asked sipping her fruit punch.

"Yes and a way of living. I like beats." Ava replied and signeled the bartender for another drink.

"So you aren't that good for nothing after all" Felicity noted to herself and nodded.

At this Ava threw a glare towards her way and continued drinking.

"What's the point? It's still useless. My hobby is not subject to any compliments. At most all I get is nagging from everyone to do some real thing" Ava scoffed.

"That's right. DJing cannot earn any compliments from conventional society and people outside the nightclubs." Felicity agreed.

Although nightclubs are a place of enjoyment, DJing will not earn you any compliments from people outside the clubs.

The older generations and people in real world wouldn't even care unless ypu take DJing to another level and join the entertainment industry or become a popular DJ.

No matter how much we try to avoid this issue but people from entertainment industry are not treated well in upper-class prominent circles neither by the elders with traditional mindset.

In the novel, the female lead had to face a few obstacles even when she was a popular actress just because of these factors.

Personally, Felicity disliked heroines who worked in entertainment industry because almost all the novels had female leads who were actresses.

This was too cliche.

Thus Felicity desliked it.

"Thankyou for rubbing it in my face" Ava replied and scoffed. She didn't like Felicity at all.

Felicity was straightforward, blunt and had a wierdly stong personality.

Ava didn't like people like that.

They made her feel inferior.

She has had enough of people telling her how much of a good for nothing she was. She wasn't good at studies or sports or wasn't too beautiful either.

Although per parents pampered her but she would sometimes overhear people calling her a good for nothing.

'The good for nothing daughter of Jones' that was what they all called her.

Although she was strong and behaved like it didn't matter but it would hurt her deep down everytime.

Felicity was successful, a successful author, a self made millionaire, a stunning lady.

Felicity was everything she wanted to be.

Everything she couldn't be.

Adding to the fact that Felicity like Alexander, or supposedly liked Alexander.

So she didn't like Felicity at all.

After a few seconds of silence, Felicity's corner of the lips tugged upward lightly and she came to a conclusion.

She wanted to be friends with Ava.

She liked Ava.

With that thought she gulped down the rest of her drink and stood up.

Saying a goodbye to Ava she walked towards the exit of the club.

I know I promised a confrontation between Felicity and Alexander but this is all I could write in the short thime I got during my busy hours.

Its 650 words.

I wrote it yesterday. I thought I will post it once I finish adding the confrontation scene too but then I thought it's better to first give yall this.

I got exams from tomorrow. I am 100% sure that I'll fail and that's making me feel like shit. I'm prolly gonna go into depression soon. 😂😂

Let me tell Y'all a part of my life. So like my life had been shit, and adding to that, I did too bad in academics.

Then I thought "enough! I wanna move away from home!" so I applied for a boarding school and got selected.

I was asked to join the boarding school in June. So I decided to keep going to my old school from april to june.

So in the beginning of my next school year in hometown I stopped paying attention to classes because I was going to move away in few months anyway.

But suddenly I changed my mind and decided to not go the boarding school and just continue studying in my hometown.

Now I had exams in a month and I didn't even know the syllabus so I started studying in anxiousness. Miraculously I aced my exams and got highest in two subjects.

Since then I realised that studying isn't too hard and started regularly studying and acing my exams. Gradually, I got competative. I wanted to be the best and I kept trying.

I went from depressed, good for nothing and bottom of the class student to a competitive and top student.

Now I feel like I'm going back to my previous self. Its kind of sad but don't worry, I'll be fine.

Your friendly author-

V.