𝓐𝓻𝓬 𝓣𝔀𝓸

"Mr

"Mr. Qin we have a seat for you in the VIP box," the organizer whispered into Romans years as he lead him to the VIP box that was hidden away from the stage and normal audience.

Roman nodded and followed the organizer who had a wide smile on his face. It was pretty evident that the organizer was proud to have none other than Roman Qin himself, attending the hacking competition. Roman Qin, CEO of the leading security software company.

Ronan walked casually towards the VIP box and sat in the front middle seed with the organizer on his left and his assistant on his right. the rest of the VIP box was left empty while the other VIP spectators occupied the other VIP box on the other end.

The competition commenced with great enthusiasm and the audience seemed very thrilled and excited.

Slowly the contestants were announced and they climbed the stairs consequently after the announcement of their names.

"Dhia Gu," a girl in her early twenties with bright colored hair walked towards the center of the stage and waved at the audience with a sweet smile on her face. Then proceeded to sit on one of the tables with the desktop on top of it.

"Fiona West," the MC announced upon the arrival of another young girl who looked young but nobody could guess her age because she had a black mask on her face. The girl looked thin and taller than the other girls around her age group. She had a black sweatshirt on and a pair of black pencil jeans, accentuating her slender legs. shiny black hair framed her pale face while her cold like glacier eyes stared around with a monotonous gaze.

The competition began and the contestants were asked to pass through the firewall and obtain a code from other systems.

This was a hacking competition at the National level so the difficulty level was extremely high. Some of the contestants for struggling while others slowly progressed toward the task. Around after 30 minutes, one of the contestants was able to hack through the barriers and obtain the code and soon enough the others caught up.

As soon as six people had succeeded to obtain the code, the emcee pressed the bell on his table and a ring went off indicating that this round was over. The six people who had succeeded had advanced to the next level while the other contestants were eliminated.

"what do you think sir?" The organizer asked Roman in an expectant voice.

"All I see is a lot of potential on that stage," in front of Roman, sat a laptop with the same firewall that was by now hacked through and the timer on the top right of the screen indicated that the user had succeeded in obtaining the code in just 20 minutes.

"You are very talented sir," the organizer tried buttering up to Roman to which Roman just gave a casual smile but his smile did not reach his eyes at all his eyes looked unfazed.

The emcee proceeded to announce the second round of the competition which was the contestants hacking through other contestants' firewall that was made by them on the spot.

Another half an hour was given to the contestants to program a firewall that they would use as their defense. This round was the last and the most important round. This time not only their hacking skills were to be judged but also their basic programming knowledge.

The contestants this time did not break through the barriers but also defended theirs from being broken into.

As soon as the attacks started, Dhia's system was broken into and she was eliminated.

Roman's eyes tracked the girl in black sweatshirt whose cold eyes were flu to the screen while her fingers danced across the keyboard like an Irish dancer with graceful feet.

The girl was swiftly attacking other's systems while laying low this whole time. Watching her compete against the other contestants was like watching a cheetah slowly stalk his prey with calm and calculated footsteps.

The girl had a fairly low profile in the first round and the fourth one to obtain the code and even in this round she looked low profile but a sharp eye could see how lethal her movements were.

The audience kept cheering for their favorite. Enough after having a low profile in the competition, Gioma was loved among the crowd because of her mysterious appearance and her hard to ignore face.

Even with a mask on she looked beautiful.

By now there were only four people left on the stage as the competition progressed, the sweatshirt girl had gained even more popularity because of how she defended her system against the fifth opponent and had swiftly knocked out his system in the meantime. The audience roared in a coordinated fashion when the fifth contestant lost.

Seeing this progress, the other contestants were on guard. They with a mutual understanding started attacking her.

The girl's fingers were now moving so fast that they only appeared to hover.

However, irrespective of her efforts, her firewall was broken through by contestant number two.

Just as everyone was disappointed, a notification flashed on the screen. 'Contestant Two Out', making everyone gap. To their surprise, the firewall that appeared on the front was not a firewall but a fake program that was meant to counterattack the person breaking it. Once it gets broken into, it spreads a virus throughout the attacker's system, resulting in making the system very vulnerable to attacks.

Taking advantage of the shock and confusion, Fiona hacked through contestant three's system as well.

Now there was only contestant one and she left. They fought a fierce battle and Fiona ended up winning.

The audience was roaring with cheers for her.

"You've had your eyes on her sir," the organizer stared at wherever Roman was staring and it was Fiona.

"Yes, a very smart girl indeed," Roman smiled but this time his eyes softened. It was hard to see such a talent and this young lady was one of the most talented people he ever came across.

Fiona stood on the stage among the clapping and suddenly her furrowed eyes turned towards a one way glass window.

To her it felt like her eyes were staring at nothing but to Roman on the other side, those onyx eyes were staring into his soul. He had subconsciously captured those eyes deep into his mind.

Roman stood up and started exiting the box without any warning, the organizer hastily followed him and Fiona was left to celebrate her victory on stage.