Oneshot 119:Immortal

<<Present>>

"Let's start the operation." The familiar soothing voice said as my eyes remained shut even when I tried to open them.I want to tell him to stop and not do it but my body did not cooperate as the words I want to express were just kept inside my head.I tried to use my powers only to feel an electric shock inside my head then I finally stop fighting feeling completely hopeless.I thought I could trust him with how good he was from his past lives and I ignored my grandmother's warning about humans but my love for him made me forget about the different species between us.Cause I Y/n L/n are one of the only immortals left that have stayed on Earth for a long time now just because the mate I have been loving for centuries is always born as a human and the love between us always repeat with him getting older and me staying younger as ever and after that I would travel the world just to find his reincarnated form but the person that he is now is trying to take my life.

'Jungkook!please don't!I don't want to die!I still want to spend my whole life with you!' Those words were the ones I wanted to say but never came out instead it just remained inside my head.

-Flashback-

"Jeon Jungkook please don't die on the war." I worriedly remind him as I tighten the thin fabric that holds his black hair together.

"Don't worry Y/n when I come back in victory I promise that we're going to get married." He pulled me into a hug as I hug him back and inhale his scent with joy and worry.

-/

"Y/n look isn't little nephew adorable?" Jungkook stick the side of his cheek onto the baby's head who look at me with watery eyes as I nod my head with a sad smile on and Jungkook notice this.

"Hey, I told you that it's fine with just having us two we don't need a child to express that we truly love each other to others." Jungkook gave me a reassuring smile and carefully pass me the baby on his hold as we started to play with the baby and it ended up with it's mother taking it back cause it wouldn't stop crying.

-/

"Argh!where are the ladders on this library?" I heard a familiar voice on the other side of the book shelf as my eyes widen and hastily teleported myself on the other side.

"Hi!" I greeted which startled him as his finger tap on an unsteady book but I was able to stop it from dropping right on his head on time with my magic.

"Wow!magic!how'd you do it?are you even real?" He bombarded me with questions and I honestly answered him and I can't help but remember the him which also reacted the same.

"I'm an immortal."

-/

"Y-y/n please find me on my next life." I held his wrinkled hand as unstoppable tears glided down my cheeks.Even though this has happened a lot of time already I still can't get used to losing him.

"I will, let us continue our endless love on your next life." His eyes shut close as his breathing also stopped.

"I will always will, my love."

-/

<<Before the present>>

My eyes widen as I followed a familiar silhouette that I've been searching for the past 17 years since his passing.I ran using my power as I instantly caught up with him.I fasten my pace until our shoulder almost touch.I caught a sight of the side of his face and I instantly knew that this was him.Jungkook's reincarnation whose name soemewhat never change.

I slowed down my pace but still followed him from behind.He walk inside a... Laboratory?is the Jungkook in this life a doctor?or a scientist but he still looks young and he should be still in school.

I used invisibility to enter the laboratory but a loud blaring noise echoed around and I got taken aback at the loud blaring noise and before I know it I felt a pinch on the side of my neck and I went unconscious from the weird substance that was injected on me.But when I saw the person's feature my heart drop it was Jungkook.

<<Jungkook's POV>>

"She's not a normal human as what you all saw on this footage immortal these days were known to be just a myth but look at this girl appearing after she entered the door with high security." I explained with a stoic expression as the others agreed but some still has their own doubts even after watching the footage a lot of times.

"Doc, are you suggesting on doing an experiment on this immortal?" A man on his 30's ask as he stare intently at the screen.

"Yes, I know some of you still doubts and so yes we are having an experiment to clarify that this girl in the footage truly is an immortal being."

_

I stare at the girl who got wires connected all around her body and suddenly felt a feeling that I once met this girl but where?Shaking my head I tried to get rid of my other thoughts and tried to focus back on the experiment.

'Jungkook please don't.' A feminine voice spoke inside my head that made my hand stop from moving.

I glance back at the girl who's body was lock tightly as my eyes went directly onto the machine that covered her head and suddenly got an idea.

"Continue with your work I have something to do first." I excuse myself after that as I went to the other side of the room that controls the machine.It was one of my invention that allows you to watch a person's dream and even hear.

I hastily type the keys and was soon finally able to successfully enter her dream but what I saw shock me.It was me who first came out same feature and form but the clothing and time seems to be way too different from todays.Short skits showed up one by one but the person who keep on appearing with the girl was me.

'I don't understand.' The screen continue to play but I was not watching it anymore and suddenly got a headache as I massage my temple trying to ease the pain.

'Find me okay?'

'Don't you dare be with someone else.'

'Why can't I just stay with you forever?'

'Please only love me.'

'I love you, Y/n.'

Voices entered my head one by one but the mention of the name of 'Y/n' made me feel an emotion of longing.

I glance back at the screen which plays me and the girl hugging and connected the dot.

"Her name is Y/n." I mumble under my breath.

"Doc!we're losing the subject!doc!" I woke up from my trance as I quickly look up at the screen only to see nothing but darkness.

_

"Since the so called immortal died then it only means one thing, that immortals truly don't exist and they are just myths that you can read on books and that's all dismissed" The man who's on his 30's who spoke earlier said while giving me a mocking look but I was too busy trying to process what I saw and learned earlier to care.

_

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to continue our love in this life as what I promised, my love." A girl appear and said this with tears in her eyes.I tried to reach out for her but she disappeared before I could.

'I'll be back.' I saw her mouth move.

I woke up from a strange dream and the beating of my heart was fast as I clutch onto it then I noticed my wet cheeks and realized that I'm crying.

*Ding Dong*

I wipe my tears before walking out of my room to open the door and when I did the first thing I saw was a basket then a baby's cry was heard from the basket.

'A baby?'

I crouch down and saw a paper inside with the small baby who went silent after seeing me.I took the paper and read the short sentence.

"Her name is Y/n please take good care of her for me."

'It's just a coincidence right?'

(Written:062421-080121)

Jeonlys:Yez I'm back humans

Your cute author, Jeonlys