Chapter 7: Greenie

Gally's Pov

I woke up earlier than usual and went for a walk. I love it when it's peaceful and quiet. I can actually hear myself think.

I reach the forest and see Olivia asleep in a tree. I laugh and climb up and shake her awake.

"Ah!" She falls out of the tree. I jump down next to her then help her up.

"WHAT THE SHUCK WAS THAT FOR?! YOU DIDNT NEED TO SHOVE ME OUT OF THE TREE!" she yells at me.

"I didn't mean for you to fall out of the tree! I was just waking you up!"

She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Olivia, I'm being serious!" I say.

"I don't even get why you hate me so much" she walks off.

But that's the thing. I don't hate her. I know I act like the exact opposite is true, but I'm just like that. I didn't think Olivia cared as much as I now know she does.

What was she even doing in the forest anyway?

"Hey, Gally" I spin around to find the source of the voice and see Minho. "Everything ok?"

"Yeah" I say. "Minho? Is everything ok with Olivia?"

"I think so. I'm surprised you care though. You two hate each other"

"Asking if she's ok doesn't mean I can suddenly tolerate her"

"Yeah. Sure it doesn't" Minho says sarcastically, then runs off to meet with the other Runners.

I arrive at the kitchen just in time for breakfast. When Olivia serves me, the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. She's really overreacting though. Something else must be going on.

Olivia's Pov

After serving everyone, I go and sit at my usual table.

"Hey, Greenie" Newt greets me with a smile. "Minho said Gally was asking if you were ok this morning"

I roll my eyes at the mention of Gally.

"Woah, what happened? I get that you hate each other, but you seem to despise him more than usual" Newt says.

"Just something" I say and start eating my food.

"What did that food do to you? You're practically murdering it with how hard you're stabbing your fork into it" Newt laughs.

A silence washes over us, and it stays like that for about ten minutes until I speak.

"Newt, can you meet me in private in an hour in the forest? I need to talk to you about something and I don't want others overhearing"

"Oh. Um. Sure" he says.

One hour later, I see Newt coming towards me.

"Everything ok, Liv? I've been bloody worried about you" he says.

"I want to know if something that has been happening to me is normal"

"Ok. What is it?"

I tell him about the memories I've been having, leaving out no detail. Newt looked shocked when I finished, to say the least.

"That's not normal, Greenie" His words make my heart sink. "But are you ok?" he asks.

"I don't know! I thought it was normal to be getting memories but now you're saying it's not?!"

"Olivia?!" I hear Frypan call my name.

"I've got to go. Bye, Newt. Please don't tell anyone what I told you"