Chapter 25: True Love

Gally's Pov

It's been a week since Ben arrived, and he's been chosen as Runner.

I wake up and see a note on my pillow. I pick it up and see it's from Olivia. What does she want?

The Note:

Gally,

Newt and Minho told me what I said at the bonfire and I didn't mean any of it. I was blackout drunk and didn't know what I was saying.

I don't hate you at all, Gally, and you're not a shit boyfriend. I love you more than anything in the world, and I couldn't wish for someone better. You protect me, and I shouldn't be so ungrateful. You don't have any reason to forgive me, but I just wanted to let you know.

I should have given this to you a lot sooner, but I was shucking scared. I was a coward. I was terrified of screwing up even more.

Also, I'm sorry for slapping you and yelling at you.

And I know I'm shit at writing letters. It's kinda hard to put my feelings into words, and even harder to express myself on paper.

I love you Gally. Forever and always.

Liv <3 x

Gally's Pov

I didn't know how to react to the letter. Do I find her and hug her? Tell her all is forgiven and I know she was just really frustrated? Or do I tear it up and burn it? Never speak to her again? Kiss her passionately or shove her off the watchtower? She does deserve both of them because of what she's had to go through, but also what she's put me through.

I shove the note in my pocket the get up and get my food, trying to take my mind off of the note. I notice Newt and Minho stare at me quite a lot during breakfast. What's going on?

"Come on, Gally" Alby roughly picks me up and leads me towards the Pit. I see Olivia is already there.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I told you two what would happen if you didn't get along. You'll stay in here with minimal food until you get along" Alby tells us. He locks the door then walks off.

I look over at Olivia and see she's pressed against a corner, crying. I'm torn between comforting her and ignoring her.

The note that she wrote telling me how she feels grows heavy in my pocket, but then convinces me to scoot over to her and pull her close to me.

"It's ok, darling" I say, rocking her gently. All anger and sadness seems to fizzle out of me as I hold her in my arms.

"I thought you were mad at me" she mumbles after a while.

"I'm not after reading your note" I kiss the top of her head.

She pulls away from me and looks at me in confusion. "What note?" she asks.

"This one" I take it out of my pocket and hand it to her. Her eyes scan the page.

"I never wrote this" she tells me. "It's not my handwriting. I didn't write any note to you"

"Then who wrote it?"

She shrugs.

"So you did mean everything you said at the bonfire?" I bite my lip nervously, and try to hide my fear about her confirming my theory.

"Of course I don't mean it, Gally. What that note said is true. I love you. Forever and always"

My face melts into a smile. "I love you too, princess"