Chapter 69: Legendary Chapter Number🥵

Olivia's POV

Gally and I ran out of the car park, desperately trying to find the boys.

I couldn't carry on running for long, though. I had to stop.

"Wait! Gally, wait up! Please," I panted, collapsing against a wall.

"Shit! Liv, what's wrong?" he asked, rushing to sit beside me.

"I'm so tired."

"Are you feeling alright? You look really sick. Pale too. Darling, what's wrong?" He took his glove off and placed a hand on my forehead. "Fuck, you're burning up as well."

"There!" I pointed frantically after seeing something get thrown out of a window of the WCKD building and into a small pool on the ground. "That's gotta be them."

"Baby, stay here. I'll go get them. Rest."

"No. They need our help. I'll be- I'll be fine." In truth, I knew I wouldn't be fine. Yesterday I started feeling bad. Today, the sick feeling had just gotten more and more intense as time went on. I couldn't let Gally know, though. He'd only worry, and we don't have time for that right now. "I must have a fever or something."

We spotted a group of guards that seemed to be going where the chaos just happened, so we hurried off to join them without getting found out we weren't supposed to be there.

Sure enough, I was right. Minho, Newt and Thomas climbed out from the pool. I had to fight the urge to run to Minho and hug him tightly.

All the guards cocked their guns. Gally and I followed suit.

"You three, don't move!" one of them called out.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," Thomas muttered.

"Take it easy!" We all slowly inched towards them, guns aimed at their chests.

"Ah, ah, ah! Don't even think about it," another commanded as Thomas reached for his pistol.

"Get on your knees with your hands in the air."

Gally and I sprung into action and shot them.

"Bitch!" one of yelled.

We then turned to face the trio and took our masks off.

"Gally?" Minho questioned.

"Minho," Gally acknowledged, as if this was all completely normal for someone to rise from the dead.

I look up at the jump they just did. "You guys are nuts," I commented.

"I'll explain later," Thomas promised a confused Minho.

~*~

We all ran to hide behind a wall so we could figure out our next moves.

"Well," Gally remarked, "they're definitely pissed."

"How far are the tunnels?" Thomas asked.

"Uh... Maybe twelve blocks from here."

The conversation was cut short by a bad cough from Newt.

"We can make it," Gally reassured. Then he turned to face me. "You hanging in there?"

"Mhm," I nodded, hoping he wouldn't see through my lie as I tried not to let out a cough of my own.

"Hey, how long has he been like this?" Minho talked quietly to us so Newt couldn't hear.

"He'll be ok, we just gotta get to Brenda. She's got the serum. Come on, let's go." Thomas took his jacket off and went to his boyfriend. "Hey, Newt, we gotta get you up. Let's go." As soon as Thomas tried to help Newt up, Newt stumbled and almost fell over. "Woah, woah, woah. You ok?"