Chapter 51: I Thought Newt was Supposed to be the Cranky One, Not Gally

Third Person's Point of View

Gally roughly throws the Greenie out of the Box, then climbs out himself.

Olivia stares as the boys make various comments about him, while others just laugh.

"Kid looks like a Slopper to me" Alec says.

"I could use some help in the Kitchen" Fry grins.

He suddenly takes off running, just making everyone cheer and laugh even more.

"HEY, WE GOT A RUNNER!" Zart yells.

She watches in awe as he sprints across the Glade, faster than most people here.

'This shank could be a Runner' she thinks.

That is, until he face planted the grass, causing her to giggle.

People yell stuff at him as he stands up and takes his surroundings in; the large, dominant walls with ivy clinging to the top, the dark forest, the soft grass, and everything else that they had called home for three years now, and worked hard to maintain.

His eyes landed on what seemed to be the only girl here. He admired the way her hair fell perfectly around her sculpted face, the way her lips were parted slightly and her head was tilted at an angle as she watched him, a hint of intrigue and curiosity in her eyes.

"She's beautiful" he mutters, hoping nobody had heard that. Luckily for him, they didn't.

In her peripheral vision, Olivia sees Alby nod at a couple of boys, who walk over to the Greenie and pick him up.

They drag him to the Pit and roughly throw him in, locking the door and walking away.

Gally walks over to his girlfriend, slithering an arm around her waist. He pulls her into his chest and kisses the top of her head.

"Stay away from him, ok?" he mumbles into her hair.

"Why?" She pulls away to look at him.

"I-" He sighs. "Just trust me, alright? I need you to be on my side"

"'On your side'? What- what does that mean?" Olivia furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"Doesn't matter. Promise me you'll keep away from him?"

"If you can give me a valid reason, then yes. I will"

"I have a bad feeling about him. I don't want him hurting you or the baby" He plants a soft kiss on her lips. "I've got to go. I love you"

"I love you too" she smiles, stealing another kiss before wandering off to find the Greenie, no intention of listening to Gally. I mean, what does he know? Guaranteed, she knows a lot better.

"Liv! I need you in the Kitchens" Fry ran up to the girl and started dragging her away.

"But-" she protested.

"Come on!"

Once they were there, Frypan spoke to the girl in a hushed tone, explaining how Gally had given him strict orders to protect her and keep her away from the Greenie at all costs.

"This is stupid!" Olivia pouts, folding her arms and sitting on a crate.

"Yeah, well, so is Gally. He is a Builder after all, don't forget" This earns a chuckle out of the girl.

Now by himself, the newbie stood up and held onto the bars of whatever he was rudely (and roughly) thrown in. His brown eyes scanned his surroundings, and he saw animals feeding and boys hard at work. Some more ivy was snaking up a nearby wall, and the smell of morning dew wafted into his nose.