Chapter 58: 🎶RuN fAsT fOr YoUr MoThEr RuN fAsT fOr YoUr FaThEr🎶

Gally's Point of View

I stayed up most of the night with Olivia as I waited for her to wake up. Not long after she was Stung, the Box must have went back down, because it returned with one last vial, with a note attached saying 'save the girl'.

I had taken complete control of the Glade, and had given everyone a simple choice: they're either with me, or they get Banished with Thomas and Teresa.

Eventually, Liv stirred, and she sat up.

"Hey" I say quietly, relief flooding through my system. "How are you?"

"Shit"

"Because of getting Stung?"

"Partly"

"What else?" I ask, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"You" She tries to stand up, but her legs give way. I quickly catch her, then sit her back on the bed. "Leave me alone" She doesn't even look at me. Sure, I deserved it, but I was just caught up in the moment! I didn't mean most of it!

"I'm sorry"

"'I'm sorry' isn't enough this time, Gally" She stands up again and slowly makes her way over to the door, stumbling a few times, then leaves. I watched her as she did, knowing that I had lost her forever.

When the time came for Banishment, I still hadn't seen Liv since this morning. However, I tried to push any thought of her away, as I had to focus on the task at hand.

"This is such a waste" I remark, Thomas' still unconscious body lying on the floor in front of me.

"Gally" Winston speaks up. "This doesn't feel right, man"

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right" Jeff chips in. "Maybe he can lead us home"

"We are home" I stubbornly say. "Ok? I don't wanna have to cross any more names off that wall"

"You really think Banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Teresa asks.

"No. But this isn't a Banishing. It's an offering"

"Gally! What are you doing?"

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back in the Maze after what he's done? Look around you! Look at our Glade! This is the only way. And when the Grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was"

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!" Teresa accuses.

"You shut up" I snap.

"If you stay here, the Grievers are gonna come back. They're gonna come back and keep coming back until you're all dead!"

"Shut up! Tie him up!" I signal to Thomas. "Do you hear me? I said tie him up!"

All of a sudden, everything descends into chaos yet again. Turns out, Thomas was only pretending to be unconscious, and others, who must have been in on this plan, start fighting back. Before I can stop anything, Minho places a machete on my shoulder, giving me a warning look before joining Thomas at the Maze entrance.

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" I remark.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, now's your last chance"

"Don't listen to him, he's just trying to scare you" I try to prevent anyone else from going.

"No, I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. Alright? I'm scared! But I'd rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here, ok? This place isn't our home. We were put here. We were trapped here. At least out there we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that"